Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

NDIS 10400 Frequent Warnings in Sys Log

NDIS_Nightmare

Currently seeing the NDIS 10400 error repeating in my sys log ever few minutes. Not sure when it started as dues to its frequency it pretty much owns 3 days worth of sys logging. I've seen quite a few posts on this dating as far back as October 2020  but with no solid resolution. All drivers are up to date and it doesn't appear any other WiFi connected devices are having the same issue. Curious if there is a known issue, how to track/diag and what the fix is.

Specific error:

The network interface "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 16 time(s) since it was last initialized.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

NDIS_Nightmare, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this topic, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
NDIS_Nightmare

What is the model of the motherboard? Gigabyte Z170X-UD3-CF

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it? N/A

Is this a new computer? No

Was it working fine before? Yes and working fine now, just constantly throwing errors in the log.

When did the issue start? Unsure. Due to frequency the logs cut off 3 days prior, so before then.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? No.

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer? Separately as I built the PC.

Which Windows* version are you using? Window 10 v2204; OS 19041.746; Exp 120.2212.551.0

Does the problem happen at home or work environment? Home, where the pc is located.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

NDIS_Nightmare, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

You mentioned, "it doesn't appear any other WiFi connected devices are having the same issue.", so, just to confirm, the problem does not happen with other WiFi devices, it only happens with the Gigabyte Z170X-UD3-CF, system?

What is the mode of the Router?

When you install the Wireless card separately that is what we called "Wireless Integration", did you check directly with the manufacturer of the Router/Acces Point, for them to guide you on the optimal configuration settings of the Router and if there is a possible Firmware update available for it?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
NDIS_Nightmare

Hi Albert,

Yes, I dont see other devices having the issue in logging. However, there is only one other PC on the network.

By mode do you mean ac/n/a?

As far as checking w/ the manufacturer of the router, its the most common Spectrum wireless router that they use for high speed 300+kb routing which I believe is the RAC2V1S Wave 2 802.11ac 4-Port Dual-Band Router. It is also self updating and when checking the admin functionality of the router there is no option to update the firmware. Any thoughts you have would be great.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi NDIS_Nightmare, thank you very much for letting us know those details.

"By mode do you mean ac/n/a?", Sorry, I meant to say the model of the Router, thank you for providing it still.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello NDIS_Nightmare, I just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case, since after installing the Wireless drivers the issue persists, at this point what we recommend will be to get in contact directly with Gigabyte to check if there is a BIOS update available to install it and to check wireless card compatibility to make sure it is fully compatible with their board:

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Support

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos