Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Need Bluetooth Help (Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 3.0 + High Speed Adapter)

idata
Employee

Hello all,

I'm obviously a new user but I have been having an issue that is driving me absolutely crazy an I can't find anything on the internet about it! I have been trying to use the bluetooth chip (Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 3.0 + High Speed Adapter) set that came with my XPS 17 for a couple of days now to connect to the Pioneer AS BT200 dongle for the receivers. When I first paired it, it worked, but all of a sudden the computer will show the device paired but will be when I go to connect, the driver software installation states that "Bluetooth peripheral device No driver found". Now I thought it might be the new bluetooth dongle on the back of my receiver, but its not, because I previously paired my phone with the computer and the same thing happens with that one now. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated! I am so frustrated with this! Also, I have attempted to update the driver software: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Bluetooth Software for Windows 7 64 bit, but that stops in the process saying the following: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. click OK to try again, or enter a alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Intel Bluetooth.msi' in the box below. Please let me know if there is any fix for this.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Sorry to "bump" this, but is there nobody here who can help?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The latest driver for the Intel(R) proset software wireless adapter in your system should have the bluetooth driver embedded on it, I suggest you to install the latest driver from the Intel(R) website, if you cannot find it please include your operating system, wifi adapter model so we can post the specific link here.

idata
Employee

MVB thank you thank you thank you for responding!!! I cannot seem to find the item you are suggesting...

My OS is Windows 7 64-bit

I believe the Wifi adapter model is the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030

Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Joe, thank you for the help! So I downloaded both the drivers, uninstalled the old ones installed the new ones. Well, I installed the wireless one, but when I go to install the bluetooth one, I get the same message, which reads as follows:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK or try again, or enter an alternate path to the folder containing the installation package 'intel bluetooth.msi' in the box below.

Also when I cancel the installation, because that is the only option I have available another dialog box pops up that reads:

The older version of Intel(R) PROset/Wireless Software for Bluetooth(R) Technology cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group. 

This is kind of where I ended up the first time. If I'm doing something wrong, please let me know! Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

It seems the issue is caused by a corrupt Windows installer. You may want to run the following Microsoft cleaner:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

JOE!!! That did the trick! Thank you so much... I'm extremely excited! I can't thank you enough!

0 Kudos