Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7443 Discussions

Need some help

MJaco6
Beginner

I wanted to upgrade the wifi adapter in my laptop from intel 2230 to a 6235 but when I got the adapter I realized the antenna contact on the new adapter is smaller so the antenna wires wont connect. where can I find the right female contacts.

martin

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello mj67,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Maybe you will be able to find it in eBay or any other online reseller like best buy etc but I'm not sure.

At this point for you to find the best support for your system it will be with your laptop manufacturer as they are more familiar with your system and how all the components interact with each other and also they will be able to tell if the WIFI adapter you purchase will be compatible with your system.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

mj67,

Adding to ivanu_intel's information, we would like to inform you that Intel does support integration which is when the original wireless adapter is replaced by another one. Please check this link for further information on this particular matter: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html?wapkw=regulatory+infor… Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or upgrade for...

0 Kudos