Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

Network adapter driver

james_earlywine
Beginner
I have a surface studio pro and recently starting having network issues. My computer wouldn't connect to the internet without actually allowing the connection, so I did some trouble shooting to try to figure out the issue. I've checked the drivers, checked for possible updates (there are none) and also reset the network settings to default. The issue progressed further, now I do not have the option to even turn my wifi on or off. I checked the internal system settings and the WiFi is in fact enabled. After running a recent diagnostics, it appears my Network Adapter Driver is not working. I checked for updates, ect. To no avail, I can't fix it or connect to the internet. Please help.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello james_earlywine,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your computer.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is the exact brand and model of your computer?

2. What is the exact brand and model of your wireless adapter?

3. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one? 

4. Do you see any error code at the device manager under your wireless adapter? (code 10, code 43)

5. Are you presenting these issues with Intel or with your laptop manufacturer drivers?

6. Was your wireless adapter working before? When did the issue start?  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician   

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello james_earlywine,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello james_earlywine,  

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos