Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7813 Discussions

Intel Wifi Driver removal

Ravs
Beginner
Hi
I am trying to remove Intel Wifi Drivers from a Win.10 device. Even though i have followed steps on this site to delete driver until the option is no longer there with device manager, the message remains that I have a newer version of the driver already installed even after a reboot.

I need to roll back the drivers in order to carry out testing with Wireless issues we currently have where some devices seem to have no Internet connection whilst connected to our wifi yet others work fine.

Any ideas how I can remove the driver permanently?

Many thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ravs,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel Wireless Adapter. 

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. What is the brand and model name of your wireless adapter?

2. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

3. What is the name of the tool that is giving you the "new driver" alert?

4. Can you share more details about the issue?

5. Just to confirm, when you mentioned that you want to remove the driver, does that mean that you want to the "Microsoft basic adapter" driver?

6. Just to confirm, when you tried the "clean install" steps did you get the "Microsoft basic adapter" driver?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ravs,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ravs,  

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos