I have a new Laptop and I keep getting the Blue screen and error message Netwtw04.sys I have updated Windows and it happens some times when I first turn it on, or other times it is random. Any suggestions please..
I was reading where someone had sent a report in... so I have attached one from my Laptop. Intel Core i5 7th Gen.
Hope someone can help please..
We have moved your thread from the General to our /community/tech/wireless Wireless Networking Support Community in order to better assist you.
We understand that you're experiencing random Blue Screen crashes with Netwtw04.sys errors, which is associated with your wireless driver. Based on the report provided, we noticed that you're using an outdated version of your wireless drivers. If the issue is still ongoing, please update these to the latest version provided by your computer manufacturer specially for your system:
- https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7244?b=1 Drivers and Manuals for Acer Aspire A515-51G* > Latest > Windows® 10 64-bit > Driver > Wireless LAN Driver version 19.71.0
NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.
If the system specific drivers don't resolve the Blue Screen errors you could then try a clean installation using our latest generic drivers:
1. Download and save our latest Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for your adapter: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27309 WiFi_20.10.2_PROSet64_Win10.exe
2. Under Programs and Features in the Control Panel, or Apps & Features in Windows* Settings, uninstall any instance of the "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software." When prompted, choose to "discard settings."
3. Go to the Device Manager > Network Adapters > Right click on your Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 and uninstall it. Make sure to select the option to "Delete the driver software for this device."
4. Clear out your temporary files: Press the Windows* Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe and press OK. Here you will need to make sure Temporary Files are checked, you may uncheck everything else and select OK.
5. Install the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software that was downloaded back in step one.
6. Reboot your computer.
We look forward to hearing back from you.