Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

New AC 7260 device cannot start Code 10

VPan
Beginner

Hi, I have been having issues with my wifi card. My earlier card on my laptop was discontinued and I couldnt get the drivers for it. Which lead me to buy a new wifi card the dual band AC 7260. Install went fine and now it generates a code 10 and states the device cannot start. Why is this happening and how can I fix it. I have followed your steps listed on some other threads. Uninstalling it, clearing the temp files, installing it again etc. but same result.

Please help. Am really frustrated with your products now.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello vibzpan,

I understand that you are receiving an error code after you installed the new wireless card.

Regarding this, I would like to mention that in order to properly upgrade the wireless card and/or replace it, you first need to get in contact with the computer manufacturer (Your laptop's manufacturer), this is because there are certain things that must be considered before changing the adapter. Please refer to the link below in order to have more information about it:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

For that reason, my best recommendation in this case is for you to contact the manufacturer of your laptop so this way you can get the best assistance and successfully upgrade/install the wireless adapter.

Regards,

David V
idata
Employee

Hello vibzpan,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
VPan
Beginner

Hello David

The problem has not been solved. No solution was provided. Just slopey shoulders

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello vibzpan,

Thank you for your response.

We are working with you in order to find the best solution for your current problem. Nevertheless, if the component has been installed in an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) computer like Dell, Asus, Acer, etc. Then it must be installed by them, you must contact them for assistance in this.

If possible, please provide me with an System Support Utility report. This report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Make sure to attach the created report to this thread.

Regards,

David V1
0 Kudos
VPan
Beginner

Thanks. Please see attached, the system support utility report.

Cheers David.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello vibzpan,

Thank you for your response.

I was reviewing the information in the System Support Utility report and I can see that in fact, this system was manufactured by an OEM. In this case, you will need to contact Dell* for further support with the issue with the network adapter.

Remember that always, before replacing the wireless adapter, you need to contact the manufacturer for assistance with this, it is also possible that the adapter you got is defective, it is advisable to try with a different one if you have access to one, but again, this is something that must be done with Dell's directions/instructions.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello vibzpan,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

Were you able to contact your computer's manufacturer to address this?

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos