Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

One or more issues caused the setup to fail. Please fix the issues and then retry setup

djung09
Beginner

Hello,

I tried to install the latest Wifi drivers for intel wireless adapters for Windows 11 from this link.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html 

WiFi-22.180.0-Drive64-Win10-Win11.exe is the one that I selected and tried to install but it keeps coming back with the error "One or more issues caused the setup to fail. Please fix the issues and then retry setup"

Because I have no idea what the issues are I don't know how to install it successfully. Could you help me to solve this problem? The current wifi adapter of my laptop is Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz. 

8 Replies
CoronalDischarge
New Contributor I

I had this issue as well, after following another posts bad advice to uninstall the device and remove existing drivers to do a 'clean install'.  Now the installer exe doesnt work for me either.

I worked around it by locating the actual .INF files zip and doing a manual driver install (not using the exe).  See attached.  

IbrahimHabibeh
Beginner

Thank you. I tried what you said and it worked. For everyone else, download the above zip file, extract it to your desired location, and then open up Device Manager. In the network adapters section, locate the wifi adapter. Its typically named in the format Intel(R) Wi-Fi (wifi version) (model). Basically, the device that is NOT labeled WAN miniport. Right click on it, select update driver, then select browse my computer for drivers and input the folder location where you extracted the zip. Hit continue and all should be well. 

mikehd
New Contributor I

Just wanted to add my support for this solution. I too tried the expert recommended "clean install" with no luck. This method worked perfectly.

I too looked into the latest .exe driver file using 7zip to locate the .inf files, but I couldn't see them. What method did you use?

mikehd
New Contributor I

Can you post your method to extract the inf and sys files from the exe package? I've been able to open exe files in 7zip before but it seems that Intel has taken additional steps to prevent that.

Didnoces
Beginner

Finally figured out... turned out that the zip file can be downloaded from Intel...

In the main page under the driver, click on this link: Learn more about this update

Windows® 10 and Windows 11* Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters

Then, under Important Notice, click on another link... Additional Information available here

Setup Information File (INF) Support for Intel® Wireless Drivers...

Then, look for this link:

IT Administrator Links for Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software

Finally look for this: Download Here

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for IT Admins

You can then download the appropriate zip file in here.

Extract it to a folder, go to Device Manager and look for the Wi-Fi adapter, e.g. Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz, right-click and select Update Drivers, choose Browse my computer for drivers, navigate to the folder above, wala... installed.

Tosnic
Beginner

Still not fixed for the driver installation package from 2023-01-16, which is the latest that my mobo manufacturer provides.

GJ Intel, not fixing known issues

0 Kudos
mikehd
New Contributor I

Have you tried using the Intel Driver & Support Assistant? It has been very reliable for my Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Ultra, keeping me on the latest WiFi and Bluetooth drivers consistently.

danielw779
Beginner

I love you guys. I created this account only to thank everyone of you who gave a solution to this annoying problem.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

0 Kudos