Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Permanently deleting networks from available networks

WKnox
Beginner

Judging by replies in other forums, there may be nothing that can be done but I wanted to give it another shot. I would like to permanently delete (not forget) networks that I set up and no longer use. I have Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 on an Alienware 17 R3 laptop computer. The processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HK CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2701 Mhz with an Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC8260 Network Adapter. My Router is an ASUS RT-AC88U. I have tried "Manage All Networks" and "Forget", and netsh wlan delete profile name=. They do not permanently delete the networks from "Show Available Networks." These are networks that I created previously but don't use anymore. How do I permanently delete them?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello WKnox,

Thank you for posting.

From my end, the methods we are aware of are the ones you already tried. In fact, we have link dedicated for these: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026249/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html How To Delete Wi-Fi Network Profiles in Windows

I hope that the community can join and add more information about deleting networks.

Amy C

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos