Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

ProSet: no option for ad-hoc-connection

MOsse
Beginner

Hello,

I am using Intel ProSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility. There is no problem with connections to existing networks via access-point (infrastructure).

Today i wanted to set up an ad-hoc connections to my smartphone (device to device).

Following the instructions for ProSet, this should be possible within the "Create Wireless Profile"-dialog. There should be two options for the "operating mode", one is "Network (Infrastructure)", the other ist "Device to Device (ad-hoc)".

Allthough, I have only one option, what is fixed, "Network (Infrastructure)". I am missing the "Device to Device (ad-hoc)" option. Therefor I can't create an ad-hoc connection via Intel ProSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility.

Is there anyone, who can help me. I updated arlreday my Intel ProSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility to 16.1.1.0 on my Toshiba Portegé R700 with Windows 7 64bit. The Wifi-Adapter is an Intel Advanced-N 6200 AGN, driver is, following Intel® Utility for driver-updates 16.1.10 (current), following the Windows device manager: 15.9.0.5.

Thank you

Solomon_de

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Solomon_de,

Have you tried using Windows Wireless zero configuration, or also knows as Wireless auto configuration?

Regards.

0 Kudos
MOsse
Beginner

@sylvia_intel

actually not, because I like ProSet und would like to use it further. When there is no way to make ProSet show me the button for "Device to Device (ad-hoc)", then I may think about it. That's why I came to the intel forum.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

I am sorry, the best suggestion is using Windows* Wireless Zero Configuration since newer Intel® Proset versions do not support such option anymore.

Please note the available user guide(s) were published for older software versions.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos