Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

Problem installing latest Ulimate-N 6300 driver

JJohn62
Beginner

I have downloaded the latest driver (17.4.0) for 64-bit Windows 7, but when I double-click on the downloaded program very little happens: a small square icon (showing a wireless network symbol with "busy" dots circling around the symbol) appears for around 20 seconds, and then disappears. Checking on the driver, the old version (15.15.0.1) remains.

Can anyone help me with this, please?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Jon_

Have you tried to clean uninstall from Device Manager and then, once you have uninstalled every thing you can go ahead and install it again.

Is this the card that came installed when you bought your computer? If so, we recommend that you install the drivers from you computer manufacturer.

Let us know if you need anything else regarding this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Jon_

Have you tried to clean uninstall from Device Manager and then, once you have uninstalled every thing you can go ahead and install it again.

Is this the card that came installed when you bought your computer? If so, we recommend that you install the drivers from you computer manufacturer.

Let us know if you need anything else regarding this issue.

0 Kudos
JJohn62
Beginner

Thank you for the response.

I had assumed that the later driver would install, even if an earlier driver had been previously installed. I've now done as you suggested, and a new driver has been successfully installed. Thank you.

However, the version that is being reported for the device is now 15.15.0.1, whereas the download page for the 64-bit Windows 7 drivers (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24652/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24652/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7-) shows file name Wireless_17.14.0_Ds64.exe - "Version: 17.14.0 (Latest)" (but file properties properties state Product Version 15.5.0.0).

Is this 15.15.0.1 the correct / latest driver, or is there a problem with the file?

0 Kudos
JJohn62
Beginner

Can anyone tell me the latest version?

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Jon,

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software is a software package that contains the management software as well as the drivers for multiple Intel wireless adapters. In most cases, the driver version shown in device manager will not be the same as the version of the PROSet package you downloaded.

The driver version installed on your computer depends on the Intel wireless adapter and Operating system installed in your PC.

Currently, the driver 15.15.0.1 shown in device manager is the most recent driver available for the Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300 and Windows 7. This is the version that should be installed if you used Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software 17.14.0.

For more details, please check the following document:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034315.htm Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software Driver Versions by Operating System

0 Kudos