Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Problems with Intel centrino Wireless N 6150

idata
Employee

Hi there,

i just bought a new Sony Vaio notebook that came with a Intel Centrino Wireless N6130 card. A couple of days ago, the wireless connection started disconnecting after about 5 minutes of being online. Troubleshooting fixes the problem with the adapter temporarily, but after a few minutes the same problem occurs.

I already exchanged the notebook for one of the same kind - it shows the same problem. The internet connection, router, etc. work fine : my husband was online at the same time and didn't have any problems.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Oh, and the problem seems "random". Yesterday it worked fine for about 5 hours.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello b27, I have a similar problem. Just yesterday I bought a Toshiba P755-S5215 laptop with a Centrino N6150 wireless card, and from the moment I unpacked it it's been giving me problems, it keeps disconnecting at random times without any cause and tells me there's no wireless connections available. I have the latest drivers, I've uninstalled it from the device manager and rebooted so windows can detect it again and the problem persists, even as I was registering on this site it happened. The only way I can reset it is by going to the device manager and disable it and reenable it again, although this is only a temporary fix. I've searched other forums and Intel cards keep beeing mentioned, if any Intel techs are reading this please give us a solution!!!! thx

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Have you tried disabling the 802.11n Mode? This solves some problems with wireless N router.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I had a similar problem. In my case I discovered the disconnects were related to how far I was from the router. The wireless would connect when it was real close to the router, but I had lots of connection issues when it was further away. After doing some research, I finally found the root cause. I followed the user guide instructions to remove the keyboard from the laptop. The centrino wirless card was right there. There were two wires connecting into it. I believe these are from two antennas. One of them was not connected. I simply reconnected it (it was fairly obvious). I put the keyboard back on. Whamo! The wireless now works beautifully. I don't recommend you open up your laptop unless you know what you are doing. You may not want to do that, but at least you know a possible cause. This may not be your problem, but it certainly was mine.

Mark

Hippo Solutions

www.hipposolutions.com

0 Kudos