I am trying to install an Intel AC 7260 dual band wireless adapter with Bluetooth into a new build with an ASUS Z170 A motherboard running Windows 10. I finally got the board to recognize the adapter by reflashing the BIOS. Now the Proset drivers for Windows 10 are failing to install. I also installed the Intel driver update tool and have tried all I know to get them to load. Can anyone suggest solutions?
We understand you're having some issues installing the PROSet/Wireless Software for your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 under Windows® 10.
In order to better assist you, we'd like to have some information:
- On which port are you installing your new wireless adapter? Via M.2 or PCIe*?
- Which version PROSet/Wireless Software are you trying to install?
Carlos, thanks for the quick response! I actually got the wireless working! I downloaded the drivers from the device manager and that worked. I'm not sure if the bluetooth is working yet. If I have more problems I'll get back on the forum and ask. Incidentally, I had installed it into a PCIe port. I don't have the actual file name, but it is the Windows 10 version. Although I don't actually know which version worked because I haven't checked it yet. I'm on my Mac laptop right now so I can't check it.
Have a Happy New Year!
We're glad to hear that you were able to get the wireless adapter working using the inbox drivers.
In case that you would like to try and install our drivers again, here are the latest download links. Additionally, we'd like to remind you that the Bluetooth* module of this adapter will show as a separate device in the Device Manager. It will also need it's own drivers:
- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26465 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 (Version: 19.20.3).
- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26419 Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® Software for Windows® 10 (Version: 19.11.1639).
If you're unable to see the Bluetooth* module, you may need to review the physical installation guide and make sure that the Bluetooth* cable is properly installed. Bluetooth works through the USB controller and without this cable, your system will not be able to detect the module.
- http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/wireless/wlan/dbw-ac7260/sb/integrationguid... Integration Guide for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for Desktop (Step 2).
If you have any questions, or need any more assistance, just let us know.
Happy New Year to you as well!