cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

RDP fails with intel proset Wireless,

Hello @ll,

I have a Ultimate-N 6300 wireless adapter. Have installed the drivers + intel proset wireless wifi connection utility.

So far so good. Driver version is 15.3.1.0. After driver is installed windows came with a update. Installed the update also.

Now the version is 15.4.0.11. The problem is that i can't use the intel wifi conection utility. I have to let windows manage my wifi.

If i don't i'am unable to rdp to the machine. Network availability is set to my only. That should be all users. Now i can't find that setting in the intel software. Everytime i connect to a wireless the software is creating new profiles in manage wireless networks. This is not handy.

I like to use the software intel has supplied. Any ideas how to fix this? If i don't use the intel software all is fine!

OS is windows 7.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello @ll,

Would like to hear your opion...

Stitchz@Intel ( Remove)

• Nathalie@Intel

Direct share seems not possible. Next release from your software something in that way!

idata
Community Manager

Now tested 10 laptaps and the have al the same problem.

This time didn't apply the windows updates! It seems the be a software problem created by intel.

I would like the hear how to proceed futher. Also a response takes too long. Come on Intel really is the only way twitter press etc?

idata
Community Manager

The new widi software is not solving the problem.

idata
Community Manager

Hello,

Sorry for the long delay, the current driver version you have is indeed a version from windows, in the meantime that we will investigate the issue it would be a good idea to either rollback to the 15.3 driver version or download the version manually then uninstall the driver from device manager and if the Intel(R) PROSet wireless/WiFi Software from control panel/uninstall a program, then install the 15.3 version. See the link below in case you wish to install the software and drivers manually.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3408&DwnldID=22116&ProductFamily=Wirel... Download Center

You would download the Wireless_15.3.1_s32.exe version if your Windows 7 is 32bit or the Wireless_15.3.1_s64.exe if your Windows 7 is 64 bit. When you install it, select Custom install and mark all the options to be installed, with this you will get the Intel(R) PROSet wireless Connection Utility.

idata
Community Manager

Thanx for the update! I'll wait for the new software release.