Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Random disconnects WiFi AX 210

STwai
New Contributor I

On 1/28/2021 I installed a new intel AX 210 must say the install was fantastic and everything up and running smoothly and even got my Bluetooth capabilities back after you stopped supporting my other Intel WiFi PCI-E card. Starting tonight I have gotten about 4-5 random disconnects that come back after I use Win. 10 pro troubleshooter. I have scanned my registry nothing there, I have run Malwarebytes and nothing there and I am running a deep scan of my whole system with my antivirus but doubt that will pull anything up. I checked my event viewer and found this ( event ID 1020 with this in the general section "The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect function of the "C:\Windows\System32\perfts.dll" Extensible Counter DLL for the "LSM" service. The given buffer size was 5632 and the required size was 41504." Attached is a scan from Intels system support Utility for Windows.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
STwai
New Contributor I

ok got in touch with the guy that runs the IT for where I live and the router does not support ax so I changed that setting to use ac instead of ax to see if it stops the random disconnects. Will know in about 90 minutes as that seems to be when it just drops.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello STwai,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you can you please provide the following information:

-Are you having issues only with WIFI or with Bluetooth as well? 

-Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?

-Is this issue happening at home, office environment, or both?

-Is this a new computer?

-Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?

-Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?

-Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?

-Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem?

-Is your modem configured for 11ax mode? If it does, does it have the latest firmware? 

-Would you mind providing me a picture or a video of the way the adapter is connected to your motherboard? 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician 

0 Kudos
STwai
New Contributor I

ok first of please read my original post as it answers a few of your question ( can tell you did not read my post ). ok will answer the rest of your questions. First, this is just a WiFi issue and at home. No other networks to try this on but I do have my phone and laptop on this network and they are not having any issue at all so it is local to this PC. Not a modem issue. Can't roll back on a fresh install.

0 Kudos
STwai
New Contributor I

OK updated my bios and still having issues.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello STwai,

Based on the issue that you are experiencing would you mind providing the following information and try the recommendations down below.

-Can you please confirm if your modem is configured for 11ax mode? If it does, does it have the latest firmware?

-Can you share with me the adapter that your laptop has? and also a  picture or a video of the way the AX210 adapter is connected to your motherboard?

-Please try a clean installation of the latest driver we have available for your adapter

Instructions

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-io/wireless.html

Latest generic driver

.Exe file

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30112/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters

.Zip file

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30113/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-IT-Admins

Note: If the installation is unsuccessful with the .exe file, an installation with the .zip file can be done with the steps below:

1-Save the .zip file from the driver download link on the computer.

2-Go to Device Manager.

3-Expand the Network Adapters category.

4-Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.

5-Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device.

6-Repeat steps 3 through 5 until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

7- Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter

8-Select Update driver.

9-Click Browse my computer for driver software.

10-Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

11-Click Have Disk.

12-Click Browse. Select the location where the driver files are located.

13-Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

14-Reboot the computer when prompted

-After you finish the installation for the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX210 please make sure you are using the recommended settings for the

802.11ax Connectivity.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057574/wireless/intel-wireless-products.html

*For the test the access point must be configured for 11ax mode for the AX210.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
STwai
New Contributor I

Not sure my router has the capacity for ax. I am trying to get ahold of the person in charge of IT to find out if I need to change that setting to either n or ac if ax is not supported.

My laptop is an AC 3168 and for the topic of my motherboard please look at the attachment from my earlier post when you asked for it is there.

Going to hold off on uninstalling and reinstalling until I hear from the IT guy about the router and possible settings to change if not

0 Kudos
STwai
New Contributor I

ok got in touch with the guy that runs the IT for where I live and the router does not support ax so I changed that setting to use ac instead of ax to see if it stops the random disconnects. Will know in about 90 minutes as that seems to be when it just drops.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello STwai,

Please test the adapter out and let us know if the issue persisted after you changed the router's configuration to AC.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
STwai
New Contributor I

Well, almost 24 hours and no problems. Changing the ax to ac fixed my issues.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello STwai,

Please test it over the weekend and if it presents any problem don’t hesitate to contact us, if we don't hear from you on Monday we will reach out just to verify and if you don’t have any issues yet we will proceed to close the thread.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello STwai,

We are just checking to know if the issues with your adapter persisted after a few days of testing?

Best regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
STwai
New Contributor I

HI,

Thank you for getting back to me on this issue. I have had no issues with my network at all. Changing that one thing seems to have fixed it. Thank you again for all of your help.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello STwai,

We are glad that your solution persisted throughout these few days, we will proceed to close this thread, if you need any additional information, you are more than welcome to submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos