Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Recon Instruments UPLINK Snow 2

Alex55
New Contributor I

I need to manage my Recon instruments Snow2 but the site Engage is down and uplink app is not exist anymore.

So if I want to use my Snow2 how I have to load new cards on my device and sync my days?

regards

alex

13 Replies
blake
Beginner

I am having this same issue. have you found anything that works?

Thanks,

Blake

0 Kudos
jimtremblay1968
Beginner

Bonsoir Je voudrais utiliser mes lunettes de ski oakley airwave Snow 2 car la saison de ski commence dans mon pays pourriez m envoyé tout ce que vous pouvez pour les faire fonctionner
Merci d avance

<<email address removed>>

0 Kudos
Alex55
New Contributor I

Thanks to JKAero. but the Converter cant find the files, try everything. Maybe you can help.

His post was deleted and I'll copy it again here:

"

So...this is not a traditional way to solve this problem but I can report it works.  I did this on the Zeal Transcend Goggle but I would expect it works with other Recon products.  This procedure basically grabs the proprietary Recon files and converts them to generic .GPX files to upload into a new app.

Setup:
Download and Install Java - https://www.java.com/download/ie_manual.jsp
Download RIB to GPX Converter from evilwombat - https://github.com/evilwombat/flight-converter (Cannot take credit for this, found it posted on the net but it works!)

1. Power On The Goggles and connect USB to a computer. It should show the computer icon on the goggle screen. NOTE-It seems to be picky about USB cords, I got connection errors with a few and then found one that works everytime.

2. It should open on the computer like a USB drive. There are a bunch of files on there but you are looking for the "Day**.RIB" files. The ones you want are larger than the other files (>1Kb). Copy them to a folder on your computer.

3. Drag each .RIB file to Convert_win.cmd and it will create .gpx files from the tracks

4. Once you have the .GPX files you can view/load them in a variety of ways.
        -GPX Viewer and Recorder for Windows 10 will open them
        -Slopes App - Go to your logbook and hit the '+' to load the gpx

Enjoy

"

Mat4
Beginner

Hello,

I have ski googles Oakley airwave. A message is dispalyed each time i turn off the goggles "press any button on the remote to begin the HUD experience"

How can i skip the message displayed to use the goggles ? Of course i already tried to press 'any button" but nothing happened.

How can i reach recon instruments support ?

Thanks

Mat4

0 Kudos
fcountryman
Novice

Good day,

It seems there are no support.

If you search the Web for battery change of recon hud ski goggle, you can find something about replacing the battery, software update, etc.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Alex55
New Contributor I

written by stevenhgs: (are posts being deleted?)

Hey, 

My brother had the same issue, so I created a program in Python to convert the .rib files from the Snow2 to a .gpx file.

I was able to test it with some files from his Snow2 and it seemed to work.

I shared this project here: https://github.com/stevenhgs/rib-to-gpx-file-converter

I hope you can use this too to convert your files again.

If you have questions on how to use this or if there are some errors feel free to let me know!

Thanks to  stevenhgs, it works well. Now I can convert my files. Can you recomment a good GPX Viewer ?

regards Alex

slyhound
Beginner

Hey Alex my names MIke, is it possible you could help me install that software. It is unfortunitly over my head and you seem to be my only hope in the matter. Id love to use my airwave if possible slyhound @  aol dotcom

0 Kudos
Alex55
New Contributor I

hi Mike, I created a video for you and maybe for others who have problems with this

https://youtu.be/PKeHJDKy3V8?si=0zy22LKuQtjyFolF 

if you have some questions just comment down

0 Kudos
slyhound
Beginner
Alex.. Thank you very much for putting a video together. Truly thank you. I’ll check it out now and try to install everything. Any questions I’ll post back here but wow great news to wake up to
0 Kudos
fcountryman
Novice

Hello

Also trying but video seems not to work

Thx

0 Kudos
Alex55
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
Alex55
New Contributor I

now we need to find a way to exchange maps for people who have deleted theirs or want others

0 Kudos
RonaldMorgan
Beginner

Getting your Recon Instruments UPLINK Snow 2 working seamlessly can sometimes feel as meticulous as the process of Canada certificate attestation. Both require attention to detail and the right resources to ensure a successful outcome.

0 Kudos