Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7481 Discussions

Reemplazo Tarjeta wireless N-7260

3 Replies
jdominguez
Beginner

Requiero cambiar esta tarjeta (15 años) que Intel discontinuó el Driver por una de última generación (o lo más nueva posible

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

First of all, you can use this link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T to access my driver archive. Subfolders provide drivers that you can use with many of the Discontinued Wireless adapters.

As far as a replacement, there are several cards that you could use if Wireless-AC and WiFi 5 capabilities are considered good enough. Since the cards cost roughly the same, however, I recommend upgrading to the latest Wireless-AX and WiFi 6/6e capabilities. To upgrade to the latest Wireless-AX and WiFi 6 support, you need an AX200 module. For Wireless-AX and WiFi 6e (which supports the 6GHz band), you need an AX210 module. 

Since you have a 7260HMW card, there is a small problem: Intel does not manufacture cards in this older formfactor any longer. All is not lost, however; there are 3rd-party companies that take the Intel silicon and mount it onto the older formfactor cards. These cards utilize the exact same drivers as the NGW cards from Intel, downloaded (yourself) from the Intel Download Center, so nothing sketchy here. These cards are slightly more expensive than the Intel NGW cards, however: ~US$30 (due to smaller sales volumes, I think). Here are examples:

These HMW cards are examples only; the ones that I actually purchased and tested are from a company named Fenvi, who doesn't seem to offer card-level products through Amazon (I purchased mine through NewEgg).

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @jdominguez  

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

Tenga en cuenta que el soporte de las comunidades Intel solo se proporciona en inglés. He utilizado una herramienta de traducción web para traducir esta respuesta, por lo que es posible que haya alguna traducción inexacta.  

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and helped. You may also find the Discontinued Products website, helping to address your request.    

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel® Product Specifications website > Marketing Status > "Discontinued":  Intel® Wireless-N 7260  

Thank you for your understanding. 

Best regards, 

Jocelyn M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos