Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7649 Discussions

Running into an issue with Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 Online Gaming

BigT95
Beginner

Good Evening everyone! I have run into quite an issue, I just got this new computer from Origin, one of their RTS PCs. The issue I am running into is while I am gaming online on the 5ghz Band to the point of being completely unplayable or will get disconnected because it says lost connection to host. Now when I get onto the 2.4 ghz band of my Wi-Fi everything seems to work perfectly fine, but I want to be able to utilize my faster speeds while gaming online. 

While connected to the 5ghz band and not gaming, I can download with no issue whatsoever and achieve pretty dang close to what I am paying for while being wireless. The moment I try to play online games it seems to be having an issue. I was curious if anyone has experienced something similar and if they did what they did to fix the issue. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. When you start the utility, select Everything and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, open a response post here and then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos
BigT95
Beginner

I have attached it to my post. I don't know if it is helpful, but I am using a Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 for my Modem/Router combination.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello BigT95,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I can imagine how frustrating this behavior is for you. I want to help you with this issue by recommending you the following:

1. Test a different network. Just to confirm if the issue is related to the laptop or the AP.

2. Update your BIOS version, you will need to check with MSI for instructions. I noticed that you have version A.Z4 and the latest is 7E07vA6.

3. Perform a clean install of the Intel wireless drivers. This will assure that the driver is properly installed.

4. Run all the Windows updates, including the optional ones. This is to make sure that you have all the possible fixes provided by Microsoft.

5. Check for any AP/router firmware updates. To confirm if the AP could be causing the problem.

6. Try the "Recommended Settings for 802.11ax Connectivity".

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello BigT95, 

This follow-up is to check if you were able to perform the recommendation or if you were able to fix the issue.

Please, let me know if you need further support.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello BigT95,  

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos