Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Screen mirroring freezes randomly after sometime from my windows laptop to Samsung tv(Miracast)

jkhan4
Novice

SCREEN MIRRORING FROM MY LAPTOP TO SAMSUNG TV(Miracast) FREEZES RANDOMLY AFTER SOMETIME

I am facing this problem for more then 2 years I also made a video on youtube what is causing this issue and how I got rid of this issue after disabling intel management engine interface in system devices in system devices.

As you guys keep pushing updates for intel management interface driver so I updated the driver and enabled it just to check if the issue is gone but its still present even after so many years and so many updates.

My laptop is hp ProBook 450 g5 core i5-8250u 8th gen with network card Realtek rtl-8821ce.

Many people faced the same issue and they also got rid of this issue by disabling intel management engine interface driver here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OMbSJjD7hg

I hope the next update I get for this driver the issue will be fixed and I no longer have to disable this driver

4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Just so you know, disabling the MEI driver blocks DRM communications and will prevent you from being able to play protected content (including BD). Your choice. I rather doubt, if it was this obvious, that the MEI driver is responsible for this issue (they would have seen it in their testing). By removing the MEI driver, you've likely changed the timing of something.

Just saying,

...S

0 Kudos
jkhan4
Novice

as i said i didn't face this issue after disabling it and i am facing this from 2018 and even then after getting the regular update i enable it again to see if they have resolved the issue in the latest update but the problem is still present even after 2 years.

me and many other got this issue resolved by disabling this driver you can see that in the video link i have posted.

its quiet obvious they are not properly testing this driver...

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello jkhan4,

Thank you so much for your response and your patience.

Miracast* standard natively supported in Windows® 10 and Windows 8.1* and may be used to accomplish wireless display without additional software.

You can find instructions for using Miracast, including system requirements, at the Microsoft support site.

If you need assistance with Miracast*, we recommend reaching Microsoft* for support.

https://support.microsoft.com/

Also, regarding the Intel® Management Engine Interface (Intel® MEI), please make sure that the drivers for your laptop are in the latest version. I would recommend checking with them as they may be using customized drivers for your specific system.

We will route this this feedback related to the driver to the appropriate department. 

Thank you.

Esteban D.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
bigpego90
Beginner

Hello

same problem and solved with this workaround.

My drivers are up to date.

Thank you 

0 Kudos