Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

Setting up Wireless Network - Finding the "Device Ownership Password"

idata
Employee

Greetings. I was just issued an employer maintained laptop so I can begin working from home. Many of the operating files are restricted. I must use IntelPROSet/WirelessWifi Utility to connect to my hope wireless network.

Wehn selecting my home network to connect to, I am prompted to get the Device Ownership Password. It states that the password is printed on the bottom of the device label. Other tech related sites indicate that it might be the SN or MAC # on the router. No luck.

I have a motorola cable modem and a Trendnet TEW-639GR wireless router. The modem has a PIN # but it does not work.

Any help that anybody can provide me on how to set up my wireless network is greatly appreciated.

Greetings. I was just issued an employer maintained laptop so I can begin working from home. Many of the operating files are restricted. I must use IntelPROSet/WirelessWifi Utility to connect to my hope wireless network.

Wehn selecting my home network to connect to, I am prompted to get the Device Ownership Password. It states that the password is printed on the bottom of the device label. Other tech related sites indicate that it might be the SN or MAC # on the router. No luck.

I have a motorola cable modem and a Trendnet TEW-639GR wireless router. The modem has a PIN # but it does not work.

Any help that anybody can provide me on how to set up my wireless network is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Check for PIN number on your Trendnet TEW-639GR wireless router if this is the device you used for your wireless home network

or if you are not restricted in using the Intel Proset utility, then you can create a profile to connect to your wifi router if you know all the configuration