Referencing https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005730/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005730/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html .
I was able to run this from CMD with the command: setup.exe –c MyConfig –s and it worked perfectly fine without any issues. It installed everything automatically without any user intervention. What I also wanted, is to add the profile in there so that it automatically installs it without any user intervention. However, I am not sure if that's possible or what I would have to add in the XML to make that happen.
That's the link for creating the profile: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007174/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007174/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html ( Can the XML document be modified to add the profile as well? That is my question here )
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<p style="color: # 212121; font-family: 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe WP', 'Segoe UI WPC', Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; ...
We understand you're looking to perform a silent installation of our wireless drivers, including your wireless profile.
This is possible, however, the XML document cannot be modified. Instead, we need to add one more line to your script.
To perform this setup you will need the following:
1. The appropriate Intel® PROSet\Wireless Software and Drivers for IT Admins (meaning 64 or 32 bits), extracted. This will include the setup.exe, setup.xml, and MSI installer packages.
2. Wireless profile and settings package, executable, created using the Intel® PROSet\Wireless Tools (administrator toolkit).
Here are the steps needed to create a custom package that will include your profile and custom settings. To do this you will need to install the Administrator Toolkit.
1. Download the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27618/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-IT-Admins?v=t latest IT Admin package:
For Windows 7*, Windows 8.1*, and Windows® 10 32-Bit: WiFi_20.40.0_PROSet32.zip
For Windows 7*, Windows 8.1*, and Windows® 10 64-Bit: WiFi_20.40.0_PROSet64.zip
2. Install package, use "modify" or "customize" option.
3. Add the "Administrator Toolkit" to your Intel PROSet\Wireless Software installation.
4. Open the Intel® PROSet\Wireless Tools
5. Select "Administer"
6. If this is the first time running the program, you will be prompted to create a password. This will be needed to access the administrator toolkit in the future.
7. Add profiles, adjust application and/or adapter settings as needed.
8. File > Save Package to a known location (I recommend using a name without spaces, other than "setup," but this is mostly trivial).
The file generated by this will be much smaller than our standard installer package, it does not contain drivers, only the profile and any advanced option you included. It serves to modify a pre-existing installation.
Now you should have everything you need. First you will need to run the silent installation using your custom XML file:
setup.exe –c MyConfig
Note: Since your XML file has "Silent" set as the UIMode, there is no need to add the silent function to your command.
Second you can run the executable with your custom profile. This installs silently by default, so no functions are needed.
Example (I'm sure you'll use a script instead of CMD, but I hope this helps clear up the steps provided):
Please let us know if this helps.