Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7501 Discussions

Slow download Intel Wifi 6 AX201 160 Mhz

Audiogon
Beginner

Audiogon_0-1676819814412.png

Hi, i have a Lenovo Thinkpad only 1,5 years old.
But the battery crashed after 361 days, so Lenovo replaced the battery on warrenty.
After that, i get the message to upgrade the BIOS, and everything else.
Now i have 1/3 of the speed on download, as upload.
My 12 year old Asus has a better performance on download with AC wifi.
I have tried to close everything down, update the driver, looked on the speed directly on LAN from the fiberbox, but it is the same story.
Then i get almost 600 mbps up and down on my old Asus, but this one Thinkpad about 300-360 in download, and upload 945 mbps every time.

Windows has been installed again with full reset, and i have run out of options.
Lenovo says it is because i did not buy the computer with their version of Windows.
I say, it worked with full speed, before you replaced the battery.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Audiogon, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the specific model of the laptop?

When did you purchase it?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, besides replacing the battery, that might cause this issue?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Audiogon
Beginner

Thinkpad E15 Gen2, Intel i5 11. gen. 8 gb ram, NvSSD, bougth direcly from Lenovos Danish webpage.

The pc was complete with everything installed, I just bought the Windows 10 (that almost emidiatly upgraded it to Windows 11) version by a

authorized dealer

in Denmark, downloaded it direcly from Windows homepage, and put the code in, and boom it worked.

After 1 year minus 2 days, the battery went dead. Then Lenovo get it send in to repair, and wenn I got it back it was slow in download.

It is slow in download in every way. Wireless, not wireless, directly in the Fiberbox, even slower....

I Filed in a complaint to a Danish consumerhelp, and they have now contacted Lenovo to come up with a solution.

And again, this is the slowest computer in the hole house.

My 12 year old Asus, with AC (not AX as the Lenovo) is almost twice as fast as the Lenovo, and my 6-7 year old smartphone is also faster in download only.

Upload the Lenovo is as fast as my Asus RT-AX88u allowes, and that is about 950 mbps in upload. But not 925 mbps in download. 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Audiogon, Thank you very much for providing that information.

Perfect, it is great to know that you were able to contact Danish consumer help, and they have now contacted Lenovo to come up with a solution. 

If by any chance you need further assistance from our side, please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos