Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7448 Discussions

Slow wifi with intel AX 1690i wireless adapter

Dennis3
Beginner

I just got my new laptop the new alienware m16 r1 and I have an intel killer wifi6e AX 1690i wireless network adapter.

I was using a cabled connection which was decent still slower than it should've been but download speeds we around 20 mbs (on other devices 30) but now I had to switch to wireless because I am in a different location and I get download speeds at best 5 MBs (again other devices get 30 MBs) even when I switch to my mobile hotspot I get the same rates. To note the upload speeds seem to be fine.

I tried reinstalling the drivers and updating them, doing all sorts of reboots and things people suggested on the internet but nothing helped and I am truly lost. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Dennis3,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6E AX1690, I will be glad to assist.

As well, please try applying the recommended settings for 802.11ax (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057574.html) if you have not already.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We would like to know if you were you able to check the previous post.

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Dennis3,

Based on the steps performed, we recommend contacting the laptop OEM for further assistance.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. 

Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos