Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7492 Discussions

Some Intel adapters sending IPv6 multicast when Windows is idle

JPavonM
New Contributor I

Hi Intel experts,

While troubleshooting another issue, I have found some devices that are sending multicast traffic over wireless when there is no user interaction on the Windows laptop for the last 24 hours. Is this a known issue? 2 adapter I have checked are AC8265 running driver version 20.70.30.1 from Intel and Lenovo.

Additionally, I have found that that adapter is sending traffic sourced and destined to it, AND both TA and RA addreses are also the same ones, itself.IPv6 MulticastIPv6 MulticastData to selfData to self

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
21 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello JPavonM, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

As an option you can also get in contact directly with Lenovo Support for additional assistance on this matter, to confirm the wireless driver version tested and validated by them, and to confirm further updates on your device:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos