Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7813 Discussions

Sporadic but recurring connection dropouts on an Intel 6235 wireless adapter

idata
Employee

Dear all,

I have the same issues of intermittent sudden connection dropouts as reported by others with the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 Wifi adapter and the Intel Proset 15.x drivers!

My system is a brandnew desktop computer with an Intel i7 3770 Quad-Core CPU, an Intel Z77 chipset, an Asrock Z77E-ITX mainboard, 16 GB of RAM, and Windows 7 64-bit.

Previously, I already encountered the issue with this adapter's predecessor, the Intel Centrino 6230 and only managed to resolve it by going back to an older driver version. If my memory is correct, the Intel Proset 14.x version range worked flawlessly, but the 15.x drivers lead to the dropouts (I always use 64-bit drivers).

These can occur randomly after 5 or after 50 minutes. The adapter suddenly disconnects and won't reconnect to the wireless network unless it is reset. The wireless router itself is fine as there are over a dozen devices from all types of brands that connect regularly to it without any problem at all.

The fact that the problem occurs on two different cards (6230 and 6235) leads me to believe that there is a driver problem.

On the 6235, going back to a 14.x driver does not seem to be an option on the table, because the device seems to be only supported by 15.x versions. I already tried going back from the recent 15.2 version to the previous 15.1.1 (after uninstalling through the device manager), but the problem still persists. Now I just went back to 15.1.0 and it's been ok so far, but i'm not very optimistic.

I have tried different changes in the driver settings but with no success. The problem persists!

I'd be thankful for a solution.

Best regards,

Steve

Edited 9/5/2014 by John S. (Intel Customer Support).

The "/message/169514# 169514 Sporadic but recurring connection dropouts on an Intel 6235 wireless adapter" thread will be locked. This thread will remain on the forum for you to reference, but no new posts will be possible on this thread.

The 17.1.0 version of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers has fixes for connectivity related issues with the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 wireless adapter. If you are still experiencing connectivity issues after installing the very latest software and drivers and you require further troubleshooting, please contact Intel Customer Support. If you prefer to ask questions, make comments, and/or receive answers on this support forum (Wireless Networking Support Community), please start a new thread or find an existing thread that matches your specific issue with your specific hardware/software.

US

Worldwide

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support Intel Customer Support

1,128 Replies
idata
Employee

Here is a working workaround:

http://www.neowin.net/news/intels-wi-fi-adapters-connectivity-issues-plague-users Intel&# 039;s Wi-Fi adapters connectivity issues plague users - Neowin

In my case "Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6235" it has become better.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi guys,

I'm your same situation. I really need a good WiFi connection (here in University is the only way to surf), so i'm thinking on changing my 6235 device with something more usefull. So...have you any idea? I need WiFi N, 300mbit is welcome, and BT >= 3. So....what card have I to search for?

Obviously, not another 6xxx intel card, please.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Marco-

I replaced my 6235 with an Intel 6230, and installed driver 15.3.1 and Bluetooth Software 2.6.1211. It is a Dual band 300 Mbps card with BT 3.0. Had it in and working great for over a week now. I think the 6235 was built to replace the 6230, seems to me like the older "tried and true" card works better. However, I had the same problem with the newest driver/software....make sure and use the older ones!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I had the same problem as you all. I just uninstalled drivers for Intel 6235 and restarted laptop. After restart, Windows will install default drivers, which work FINE! So no disconnecting anymore! Just do not update drivers in Samsung utility.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Intel, please do not forget that the issue is still happening and that it is a constant bother: Your 6235 driver works properly for a while but suddenly it becomes unstable and from then on, it is really painful to get to make it work again. Intel, are you out there? ¿When will you place a working trustable solution at our disposal? My Samsung SW update app keeps asking me to install your last software, tried many times yet after a long while, it does not update due to "factory error". Intel, ¿where are you people?

0 Kudos
JCole5
Beginner

Hate to say it guys but intel don't care. I ditched the original card and bought the 6300 version, figured there was no point to using the same version card. Sure I lost Bluetooth, but I don't use it anyway. Now my connection stays up and I get a little speed boost too.! Could use a bit of help with the antennas though. I'm using the original antennas obviously but the 6300 uses three, I've ordered a set via eBay but I have no idea where to run the third Antenna. I'm getting around 270 to 300 Mbps with the current two. Will I get much more with the third? How do I place the wire to get the best pickup without opening the bezel (that's just not going to happen) and is there any difference in usage between the different colours, I have a white one coming.? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Oh and "Tomas 0" I tried that and it worked for a short time then just got worse.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I just purchased an Asus UX32VD laptop a few days ago and when I found out that I had flaky WiFi, I decided to hit the internet. I was quite disappointed to find out that an Intel card still has no resolution since last year.

I'm thinking of ditching this card since it is clearly getting no support from Intel themselves.

Has anyone upgraded their Zenbook UX32VD to anything else? John Coleman, what laptop did you install the 6300 card in? I was thinking of getting that one too

0 Kudos
JCole5
Beginner

Yeah, Sony Vaio Duo 11 Core i5. I get the feeling intel put out a dodgy card and now they are burying their heads rather than take responsibility. Awful lot of hits about this to be just a driver issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks! Was it essentially plug and play? The little antenna plugs went straight in? Cos I know with some of the other wifi adapters, they have larger holes or something. Cheers

0 Kudos
JCole5
Beginner

Yep! Just snap on. Although I don't think I'd want to be snapping them on and off too much, they're very delicate. I'm no expert though, so some help from someone who knows about this stuff would be appreciated reference my comment above..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Looks familiar?

Asus UX31A

Centrino 6235 driver version 15.6.1

Windows 8

Wireless-N enabled

Streaming video from NAS (incoming) and streaming back out to PS3 (outgoing)

Sometimes high ping times (causes jitter on streaming playback)

Occasional network driver dies and drops connection as you can see in the screenshots.

0 Kudos
eruss1
Beginner

Same problem in a Samsung Serie5 Ultra, W7. Bought two days ago with driver version 15.4.1.1.

The installation of 15.6.1 only get worst the problem with 5mbps or 1mbps rates and occasional total loss, conected at 2.4 ghz. Various recommended solutions didn't work but the installation of previous version driver (15.6) apparently fix the dropping connection issue. From that replacement today it's working steadily at 130 mbps downloading archives and streaming video at 720p without interruption. At least till now...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Crap. It continues to happen again.

Uptime 5 days. Stability of connection seems to get flaky after keeping system on for longer period of time??

0 Kudos
JCole5
Beginner

It's not the drivers mate, it's a crappy card, intel should be replacing all of them free of charge. Hell I'd accept an apology at this point...

0 Kudos
smatt91
Beginner

I am new to this kind of communication, however my series 9 has sporadic drops outs on the wireless and cant connect to some networks.

is there a solution out there?

Sam

0 Kudos
cmacd1
Novice

Dude, go back to page 39 (I think) and trawl forwards to here. That's where I started. All work-arounds are from that point on, although on the last page (50 I think) there's a good summary for work-arounds. To be sure, the intel drivers are poked so you'll need to work-around until intel pulls finger or you replace your wifi card and throw the intel one out.

C-

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I got as a present a Samsung Ulrabook Serie 9 and I've got the same issue. I'm feed up with this!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Still no comment from intel ?? Tx guys for letting us alone with your half finished products that were promoted as taking stairs from the sky.... Awsome pooor performence intel tx!

i Still have some disconnects but i can use my XE700 now at least to google something or downloading files and have more or less a stable connection and just after hours some interruptions. Funny is that the interuptions are related to the 300mb connection. The disconnect we all have always apears when the connection is on 300mb/s as long it is below like 270mb/s there was never a disconnect.

i Could not use my ultrabook for 4months till i disabled all intel drivers in my autostart and killed all intelprocesses before i connect the first time to the network. Afterwards restart and it is useable. Still poor is a little wlanusb stick has a performence of 100% connectivity and no drivers and no problems -.- please fix that holy crap intel it sucks having a poorer connection than a 6year old laptop has -.-

developement is always going in one direction. A hint you are curently using the wrong lane. Turn around!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I've just bought np900x3d-a01 , and updated to latest drivers by swupdate.

And have the same problem,after sometime connection halts and on taskbar it is written as limited.

I may just replace the ultrabook because of this, is it a common issue ??

EDIT : I have disabled autostart ; - still do not help , after just a minute or so drops to limited.

* intel services manager

* persistence module

* hkcmd module

* igfx tray module

thanks, regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I believe it is a Windows 8 driver issue. It's only common because Intel has been unable to fix the problem. Look at how long this thread is which was started about a year ago! And it's still growing....

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It's a windows 7 issue as well. I still haven't figured out how to stop my card from disconnecting in N mode under heavy load.

0 Kudos