Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

The Intel driver update for Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6250 AGN corrupted the WiFi Network Adapter driver in my HP Pavilion

SShef
Beginner

A Windows 7 update recommended the install.

It has disabled my laptop's wifi ability

Please advise

HP Pav: dm4-1165dx

0 Kudos
7 Replies
SShef
Beginner

also, cannot roll the update back w/o an auto-update (ergo: corruption) occurring

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello shefsam,

Please connect a Ethernet cable to your computer and once you are wired connected to the internet, uninstall all drivers related to this adapter that you might have installed from our support page, you may use device manager to clean uninstall it.

0 Kudos
SShef
Beginner

doing a system restore to yesterday before this corruptive update was unleashed... please note this problem

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

shefman,

You may find this information helpful if you don't want to continue receiving update alerts from Windows* http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/turn-automatic-updating-on-off# turn-automatic-updating-on-off=windows-7 Turn automatic updating on or off - Windows Help - You can also set Windows to automatically install recommended updates, which can address non-critical problems and help enhance your computing experience. Optional updates and Microsoft updates are not downloaded or installed automatically.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello shefsam,

Is this wireless adapter native to your computer or did you install it later ?

If it is native, we recommend that you install the drivers from your computer manufacturer support page. It is important that any driver update must be done through the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) as their drivers are designed for this adapter. Our drivers found in our support page are generic and may not meet the requirements of your system. Please, try that first and let us know if this helped you resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
SShef
Beginner

yes. sorry i forgot to mention. i did that already... and the windows update still wants to update it.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

shefsam,

When you bought this computer, did this card come already installed ?

0 Kudos