Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7813 Discussions

ThinkBook 14 Gen 6+ IMH, Debian 12.5: WiFi-AX211, bluetooth, sound, touch-pad, resolution & scale

yonglin
Beginner

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 14 Gen 6+ IMH, Intel Core Ultra 5 125H, Intel WiFi 6E AX211

Linux Distribution: Debian 12.5, kernel 6.

Trouble: WiFi-AX211, bluetooth, soft sound, touch-pad not work; screen resolution and scale not adjustable (integrated graphic card).

Details:

1. When installing or booting Debian in KDE, it says

- firmware missing: iwlwifi-ma-a0-gf-a0-39.ucode to iwlwifi-ma-a0-gf-a0-72.ucode, but could not be found within linux-firmware.git: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/

- (Bluetooth) "intel/ibt-0180-0041.sfi" missing, which can be found within: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/tree/intel

How to install it please?

- (sof-audio-pci-intel-mtl) "intel/sof-ipc4/mtl/sof-mtl.ri" missing, which can be found within: https://github.com/thesofproject/sof-bin

How to install it please?

2. Screen resolution (3072*1920 as default) and scale could not be adjusted (Intel Corporation Meteor Lake-P [Intel Arc Graphics] (rev 08)).

What drivers should be installed please? i915  or motherboard driver please? The graphic card is driven by "soft rendering" said by "system information". NPU has no driver support as well.

3. Touchpad does not work.

Appreciate you experts please give me some guidance to make Debian fly on my machine.

Great thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yonglin,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

It would really help us if we can get more information about your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this page, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18895/intel-system-support-utility-for-the-linux-operating-system.html.

You can view the instructions on how to run this application on the readme file included on the download.

The steps below are from the readme file:

How to run ssu.sh from the terminal

==========================

1. Open Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal

2. From the current director, navigate to the current folder where the ssu.sh file resides. For example if you saved the ssu.sh to a folder called "SSU File" the command would be: cd "SSU File"

3. Run the ssu.sh file using this command: ./ssu.sh <parameter=0|1>  where 0 = off and 1 = enabled

4. Use the parameter definitions included in the readme to determine which parameter to use.

5. If no parameter is specified and only ./ssu.sh is run, it will capture all system information with the exception of 3rd party logs which must be specified. If no output file is specified, the SSU will write the output to file <sytemname>.txt.

Regarding the touchpad, it would be best if you reach out to Lenovo as the touchpad drivers come from Lenovo.

Additionally, kindly run the following commands on terminal and paste the results on your reply. The results of which will help us determine what is going on with the system:

a. # lspci

b. # modinfo iwlwifi​

c # # lsmod | grep iwlwifi​     

d # dmesg | grep iwlwifi​

We will be waiting for your response.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yonglin,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the questions I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yonglin, 

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. We know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to give you the right solution; as much as we would like to assist you, we need to close it to attend to other customers. 

We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos