Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Transfering PROset Wireless profiles between user accounts

idata
Employee

Greetings,

I am setting up some new computers for the company and am using the PROset Wireless to set up the wireless profiles--one of which has a very long unmemorable password, and the other is a non-broadcasting SSID. I can set them up and have them functioning just find on the local admin user account, but they do not transfer over to the user's accounts when they sign in (through the domain). I've checked the advance settings, and the account have the import/export box checked...

so I guess my question would be, is there an easy way to set up an automatic cross-user account sharing of wireless profiles? And if not, is there someway to manually set it up from the admin account (I can't get into the user accounts to set them up there)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello Alex, thank you for your post.

What you can do (if you haven't already) is setting up the profile with the administrator tool (this is valid in Windows* XP and Windows* 7). You would need to make sure that the administrator tool is installed; you would need to open the Intel® PROset connection utility and click on "Tools" then on "Administrator Tool" set up a password, then click on "create new profile" and select Pre-logon/Common then click on "Add" there are a lot of additional settings you may add to a profile, you may check the description and instructions in the user guide at the link below:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031157.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031157.htm

Creating this type of profile will allow all users to share it. If it does not work (or if you need the profile on a different computer) then you may also just store the created profile on a flash drive or a shared folder and move it to different systems, all you need to do on the target is double click the profile.

Note that if you plan on doing this you need to make sure that the target system uses an Intel® wireless adapter, same Operating System and same software version.

0 Kudos