Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Trouble installing or downgrading wireless driver. Error: The software package cannot be installed on your system

Hi,

I'm having trouble installing driver v20.60.0, or even downgrading to v20.40.0.

When I launch the driver installation package (WiFi_20.60.0_PROSet64_Win10.exe), as Administrator, I the following error that says the installation was blocked:

Please advise on how to upgrade/downgrade the drivers, manually if needed.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor II

Re: Trouble installing or downgrading wireless driver. Error: The software package cannot be installed on your system

Hello Monideth,

We understand you are not able install Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and you get an error when you try to do so. We will be glad to help, here are few actions that you can try:

- Try using our generic driver, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27849/Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-... Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10. Make sure you run the installer as administrator, and that you are using the right version on your OS (32 or 64 bit).

- Follow the steps to perform a https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networki... Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers.

Let us know if you are able to install it using these steps.

It is important to mention that the best source for support in this type of case is the computer manufacturer, as their drivers may have been customized to be used with your PC.

Regards,

Jonathan B.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: Trouble installing or downgrading wireless driver. Error: The software package cannot be installed on your system

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply.

I followed the clean install instructions and was able to install the latest version.

It would help if the installation package performs the uninstall of the previous version for you and provide instructions/links on how to upgrade the the version, instead of providing a cryptic message.

Lets hope this fixes all the Event log spamming.

Thank you once again.

Regards,

Mon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Monideth,

We are glad to know you were able to install the driver with our recommendations. Normally, the driver upgrade works fine, however, a manual clean install is needed in some cases; hopefully the update will resolve the event logs for you as well. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos