Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Trouble installing or downgrading wireless driver. Error: The software package cannot be installed on your system

MPen
Beginner

Hi,

I'm having trouble installing driver v20.60.0, or even downgrading to v20.40.0.

When I launch the driver installation package (WiFi_20.60.0_PROSet64_Win10.exe), as Administrator, I the following error that says the installation was blocked:

Please advise on how to upgrade/downgrade the drivers, manually if needed.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Monideth,

We understand you are not able install Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and you get an error when you try to do so. We will be glad to help, here are few actions that you can try:

- Try using our generic driver, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27849/Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=72252 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10. Make sure you run the installer as administrator, and that you are using the right version on your OS (32 or 64 bit).

- Follow the steps to perform a https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers.

Let us know if you are able to install it using these steps.

It is important to mention that the best source for support in this type of case is the computer manufacturer, as their drivers may have been customized to be used with your PC.

Regards,

Jonathan B.

0 Kudos
MPen
Beginner

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply.

I followed the clean install instructions and was able to install the latest version.

It would help if the installation package performs the uninstall of the previous version for you and provide instructions/links on how to upgrade the the version, instead of providing a cryptic message.

Lets hope this fixes all the Event log spamming.

Thank you once again.

Regards,

Mon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Monideth,

We are glad to know you were able to install the driver with our recommendations. Normally, the driver upgrade works fine, however, a manual clean install is needed in some cases; hopefully the update will resolve the event logs for you as well. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
RaviNordic
Beginner

Hello, 

It did not work for me.

When i try to do the clean Installation of Wireless Drivers and try to uninstall the driver  by using the Delete the driver software for this device., it gets uninstall, and don't see any way to do alast steps 

1. Repeat steps A through D until the  the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out...

But even after restart it same message.

I have three computer with same issue .Please help me

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Here is my process for performing a clean WLAN Install. I use the AX200 adapter as an example; it will vary for other adapters.

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter. Here are links to these drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30208 and https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30251.
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From Apps & Features, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled.
  6. In Device Manager, check Network Adapters for an entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200. If none, go to Step 9.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Go to Step 5.
  9. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. I recommend that you checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  11. Install the Bluetooth driver package (rule: always do Bluetooth first).
  12. Install the Wireless driver package.
  13. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  14. Enable Internet access.
  15. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
FLY-FX
Beginner

Hello, I'm having trouble installing the bluetooth driver for windows 11. It says "software package cannot be installed on your system". It's a lenovo thinkpad t440p. 

0 Kudos
FLY-FX
Beginner

I'm unable to enable visualization on my lenovo thinkpad t440p

0 Kudos