Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Troubleshooting gigabyte intel 8260 bluetooth support on ubuntu 16.04 lts / 4.4.0-24

idata
Employee

Hi there,

I'm the owner of a gigabyte motherboard that integrates an 8260 wifi/bluetooth adapter.

I am investigating an issue where my bluetooth goes missing after initial install of ubuntu xenial 16.04. While using the initial install media, and the original install, bluetooth worked fine. After a couple weeks of apt-get updates, new kernel(s) were loaded, and eventually bluetooth device became undiscoverable/unloadable. In all cases, 802.11 wifi continues to work great. I've contacted the manufacturer, but their repeated response was, 'Have you tried using the device with Windows?'. That's not possible without an additional purchase.

I saw there was an april bluetooth update for windows users; is there new or updated firmware for linux?

I see in /lib/firmware I have iwlwifi-8000C-13.ucod and also -16.

I'm curious about the Intel firmware release schedule, kernel support / pinned version information, and if there's a better community for tracking how intel products are coming along. Do you have any troubleshooting resources? Is there a linux/intel forum or support channel you'd recommend?

Kind regards,

-e

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

epu,

The Linux* support for Intel® Wireless Adapters for can be found here:http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005511.html Linux* Support for Intel® Wi-Fi Adapters - Please, let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

epu,

We haven't heard from you in a while so we would like to know if there is anything else we can do to assist you. Please let us know as soon as you can.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos