Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Trying to disable notifications for Proset utility on all users NOT just the local user

SAugs
Beginner

I have a 5100 Wireless adapter and on the Intel Proset Wireless utility I notice that when I set the utility to Disable Notifications that it disables for the current user, but not for the remainder of the users. I looked into the Intel administrative tool and I didn't seem to see an option to administratively disable it for all users. Am I missing something? There has to be a mechanism in order to apply the setting to multiple users.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello SAugsburger,

Intel® Proset's Administrator Tool allows setting up other application settings in the corresponding tab for other users; however, the notifications options are only available and applicable for the local user.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

0 Kudos
SAugs
Beginner

Do you know where the localized setting is stored so that I could automate updating it for users upon login?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I am sorry, I am afraid such information is not meant to be disclosed.

0 Kudos
PMosl
Beginner

Necro: But this was the one and only thread I found on this when I searched google for the same problem, so it seems relivant and I am sure others will find this thread looking for answers as well.

I just had to take a few moments to look around.

I found on an XP machine C:\Documents and Settings\%UserProfile%\Application Data\Intel\Wireless\Settings\Settings.ini

I see flags in that file that that match the annoying popups.

You should be able to put a config file in the default user profile and it will populate (at first login for a user but not for exsisting profiles), but I have seen applications overwrite it with a stock config when a user logs in for the first time so I usually use AutoIT and write my script from there to detect the process, close it, modify the .ini file, and then launch the process again.

It would be way too indepth to go into coding/scripting but just wanted to answer the question.

Win 7/8 should be the same just use the different app data directory.