Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Trying to install new driver Intel for my Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz returns an error code 0x2. See the following recorded events. I switched to an ethernet connection and from then peripheral shows up but the driver update doesn't work.Tks

BVERI
Beginner

System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp

[ Guid] {96f4a050-7e31-453c-88be-9634f4e02139}

EventID 20001

Version 0

Level 4

Task 7005

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2020-03-26T11:03:53.680329600Z

EventRecordID 50677

Correlation

+ Execution

[ ProcessID] 14328

[ ThreadID] 15920

Channel System

Computer DESKTOP-B2N971D

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- UserData

- InstallDeviceID

DriverName netwtw08.inf_amd64_a49fda12447473f3

DriverVersion 21.80.2.1

DriverProvider Intel

DeviceInstanceID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A370&SUBSYS_00348086&REV_10\3&11583659&1&A3

SetupClass {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

RebootOption false

UpgradeDevice false

IsDriverOEM true

InstallStatus 0x2

DriverDescription Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DaisyJ_Intel

Hello BVERI , 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

We would like to gain a better understanding of the issue experienced. Please share the details requested below.

• Is this the original wireless adapter or are you upgrading or replacing the adapter?
  • How are you installing this diver?
  • Are you getting any error code in the Device Manager?
  • Can you please provide a screenshot of the error mentioned in this thread?
  • Please provide us with the Intel® System Support Utility logs by following the next steps: 
  1. Go to and download the software. 
  2. When finished downloading it, open it. 
  3. Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan. 
  4. When finish scanning, click "Next." 
  5. Click on Save and attach the file. 

We hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards, 

Daisy J. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DaisyJ_Intel

Hello BVERI, 

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let me know if you need more assistance.  

Best Regards, 

Daisy J. 

0 Kudos
BVERI
Beginner

Hi Daisy J.

Sorry to answer you so late but with the events we're facing , it's not easy to manage time. Let me tell you the strory on what happened

1) I switched from Wifi connection to an ethernet conection. Then the wificard disappeared. The wifi card appears in unknown peripheral AC9560 with a missing driver ot not up to date.

2) By looking in the forum, I've found the driver and the way to install it with the Intel support program usage

3) I ran the program and the wireless card driver is not installed : Device Id PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A370&SUBSYS_00348086&REV_10

0 Kudos
DaisyJ_Intel

Hello BVERI,

Thank you for your response.

We are still missing some details requested before and also please try the suggestions below.

• Is this the original wireless adapter?
  • Some computers might have the option to disable or enable adapters. Please check with the computer manufacture if this is the case. 
  • What happens if you remove the ethernet connection? Is the wireless adapter shown again?
  • Please go to the Device Manager and scan for hidden devices and share a picture of the device manager.

Please reply at your earliest convenience.

Best Regards, 

Daisy J. 

0 Kudos
BVERI
Beginner

Hi Daisy,

Sorry again for the delay to answer you. I cann't manage my time easily.

• Yes it's the original wireles adapter.
  • I've posted a message to Asus support to know the way to reactivate the Wireles Adapter. I should receive some answer in a few days. Ther's no switch on my desktop computer to connect to Wireless or not
  • Nothing happens if I disconnect the Ethernet cable. No wireless card shows up to be connected to a new network.
  • I join the Device manager picture with some comment. Sorry for the french language.
  • Intel support drivers update program running claims about to install the driver for this adapter but fails.

Tks for your help.

Bernard Verite

0 Kudos
DaisyJ_Intel

Hello BVERI,

Thank you for your response. We understand the difficult moments you might be experiencing. 

Based on the steps followed and in the fact that the Bluetooth adapter is detected but not the Wireless adapter, we encourage you to wait for Asus assistance to narrow down the issue and rule out any possible hardware failure. 

Feel free to reply if you have any additional questions or comments.

Regards, 

Daisy J. 

0 Kudos
BVERI
Beginner

Hi, Daisy,

Sorry to be late again to answer you, but I submitted the problem to ASUS support and after some software manipultions (already experienced), it looks like it has been diagnosed as a hardware problem. The computer is still under waranty and I have to return it to fix. It's not good news for me as I'm using it every day to manage our coowners property. Thanks again for your support and help. Enjoy your day.

Best regards

Bernard Verite

0 Kudos
DaisyJ_Intel

Hello BVERI,

We are glad to hear that Asus has helped you with this situation. We hope they complete the process the sooner the possible so you can have your system working again.

It was our pleasure to help. Fell free to reply if any additional assistance is required. We will be glad to assist you.

Best Regards, 

Daisy J. 

0 Kudos
BVERI
Beginner

Hi Daisy,

Sorry to get back to you but Asus support doesn't convince me about their solutions : 1st they declare it might be an hardware problem and asked me to return the computer. It's still under warranty. 2nd, they changed their mind and wanted me to reinstall Windows 10. I'm not very confident to do so. I found a program (AID64 engineer level) which is able to give you a full status on your computer. I ran it and as I'm not an expert on reading the report, some yes but not all, I'm submitting it to you and hope you'll be able to diagnose or at least to give me an idea on what I should do. I join the full report in PDF format. It's a little bit big but it gives you a full status. Tks for your help.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
DaisyJ_Intel

Hello BVERI, 

Thank you for your reply.

Based on the information provided, we consider that Asus might be suggesting the Operating System (OS) reinstallation to rule out any possible corrupted OS situation. 

At this point, the best thing to do, since they are the computer manufacturer, would be to follow their suggestions.

The only recommendation from our end would be to back up all your information to prevent any data loss if you continue with this process.

Feel free to reply if you might have any additional questions or comments. 

Best Regards, 

Daisy J. 

0 Kudos
BVERI
Beginner

Hi Daisy

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but the priorities were elsewhere. First of all it was important not to interrupt the activity on the computer and secondly, I have decided to upgrade the operating system to windows 10 pro. It's done and after backup and reinstallation, I recovered my wifi network but not directly. It was necessary to use the automatic Intel driver update program so that the wifi card driver was taken into account. Everything is fine now and thank you for your help and support.

Best regards.

Bernard Verite

0 Kudos