Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

UEFI driver for AX200?

JConn13
Beginner

I have a server with an add-in fenvi PCIe card using an AX200. Is an UEFI driver available for download?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

A UEFI driver to do what? Support PXE? Cards are expected to provide their own drivers (or OpROMs).

...S

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello JConn13,

I was checking your case, and I would like to know if you need further assistance? 

Esteban Ch.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JConn13
Beginner

Many thanks for the offer. I am trying to understand what is available from the onboard EFI ROM for this add-in PCIe card, whether there are options for different ROM images (PXE, iSCSI, …?) and if there are mechanisms to check which version of the ROM is installed.

I have tried ipxe.efi (from http://ipxe.org/download) but that doesn't appear to recognise the AX200. It may be that iPXE needs its own internal driver for the AX200.

If an AX200 was deployed in a tablet or similar device without onboard Ethernet I assume that it might offer an option for PXE booting via wireless (PXE is offered as boot options from the EFI "BIOS" on my server with two X722 Ethernet adapters). If so, I am curious to know what would provide the PXE functionality: the EFI "BIOS"; the onboard EFI ROM; an EFI driver; or some combination?

My apologies if this is a bit vague. I am still learning about EFI.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello JConn13,

Thank you for your response, 

Please allow me to research a little bit.

This may cause a brief delay in our response, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.  

Regards, 

Esteban Ch. 

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello JConn13,

I was doing research to address your request and I found out that we do not provide the support you require thru this channel; however, you might try to go to our Resource & Design Center for further assistance on design, developing and more documentations about these type of products.

We will close this inquiry; but if you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Esteban Ch. 

0 Kudos