Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Ultimate N 6300 Adapter - Lenovo W510

idata
Employee

New Ultimate N 6300 adapter does not connect to Linksys WRT610 (Dual Band N Router) when router is set to transmit N protocol only. Manipulated settings but nothing was found to work. I had to enable wireless A on the router for a connection with the laptop.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
idata
Employee

so, does this mean it connected when configured the router to A and? what is your driver version?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have the latest Intel driver and yes when I enabled protocol A&N on the router it worked fine.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

What's the latest version? I need to know that version.

Also, I highly recommend that you keep your router on A band. This is a clear band and way less crowded compared to G band.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

A & N with no G? Can you explain the N Protocol and whether it works on the A band? Also, what is the benfit of the Ultimate N 6300 card? How can I configure to get the biggest throughput?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes A&N no G. Simply, N protocol is an enhancement to the legacy G and A. So you will be running N protocol on A band. The new Intel 6300 adapter provides significant performance improvement as long as your AP is capable. By default, the adapter is configured to provide the best performance. No need to change any configurations on the adapter.

After configuring your AP to A&N, make sure to enable 40Mhz configuration.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

What router would you recommend for best performance? I am using Linksys WRT610N? Very Helpful. Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

To get the best out of your 6300 adapter i recommend the D-LINK DIR-665 3x3 802.11n. I don't think this AP is available in the market yet. Stick with what you have until D-Link releases the DIR-665 3x3 802.11n.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I also have a Lenovo Thinkpad W510 and experience this issue. I cannot get this card to connect using 802.11n on the 5GHz band no matter what I try. It will only connect using 802.11a on the 5GHz band to my WRT610N. It will connect using 802.11n on the 2.4GHz band however.

I updated to the latest Intel driver, 13.2.1.5, but the behavior didn't change. None of my other devices have trouble connecting at 5GHz.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

All of the recommendations so far are incorrect and/or baseless. This is an Intel bug/defect and they need to fix it in all of their WiFi.

1 - Cisco/Linksys E3000 (latest FW (Ver.1.0.02 (build 4)

tech support made me)

2 - T410s Intel 6200 Advanced-n AGN (latest driver

13.3.0.0 tech support made me)

wireless max download 14Mbps/upload 20Mbps

wired max download 50Mbps/22 Mbps

1 - T510 Intel 6250 WiMax - Not the latest (ha ha ha)

wireless max download 15Mbps/upload 20Mbps

1 - T61 Intel 4965AGN - Latest driver on my own 13.3.0.0

wireless max download 15Mbps/upload 20Mbps

2 - iMac 20 (2009 model) Built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11n - whatever

the all powerfull Apple System Updates makes me do - recent)

wireless max download 40Mbps/upload 18Mbps

wired max download 60Mbps/20 Mbps

ISP - 50Mbps download/10Mbps package just upgraded from 16/3

I called Linksys/Cisco, waste of time. They told me to return the router.

I called http://forum.notebookreview.com/autolink.php?id=3094&script=showthread&forumid=2 Lenovo, actually they tried but still they referred me to Intel.

I called Intel let's just say...they aren't happy.

Oh yeah...this IS an Intel issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have a problem with a similar environment. I have a Lenovo T410, Intel 6200 AGN wireless card, and a Cisco E3000. I set up the 5ghz SSID with a uniqe name, get the wireless connection to it, but it stays at 54Mbps. Is there some magic setting to get it to use "N"

Not all that skilled at this, so appreciate any help.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm using WPA2 security

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I have Server machine (Dell PowerEdge 2600 with Xeon processor). I don't have thier all Network Adapter, VGA and Sound drivers. Please help me regarding drivers of my machine.

Regards.

Kashif Noor

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

So I figured out at least my issue but I'm still not happy with the speed results in comparison to my Macs.

I too am using WPA2, I changed my to pass phrase horrifically long string >50 characters. I then updated the pass phrase on each machine (uuggh - 10+)

and was able to connect.

Then I went to http://www.speedguide.net/ http://www.speedguide.net/ and and downloaded and ran the TCP optimizer util http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php. After following the instructions and running/setting the recommendations I'm getting 25Mbs download/12Mbps upload on all of my PC/Intel chips. This better than before but still not close to the Mac.

Best of luck.

0 Kudos