Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Unable to connect or remove old bluetooth devices after Network adapter update (Intel® Killer™ Wi-F)

Harinath
Novice

Hi All,

I'm using Alienware 17 R4 Windows 11. I recently updated my Wifi card from the default Killer 1535 to Intel®Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650. I uninstalled the old drivers and did a new installation of the drivers (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058906/wireless/wireless-software.html).

I'm unable to connect to the already added Bluetooth devices or remove the existing devices from the windows menu. It shows "Removing device" and after a minute shows "Remove failed".

I also tried to remove the devices from Regedit. But still I'm unable to pair the same Bluetooth devices with the new card.
Wifi connection seems to be working without any issues. I have issues only with the Bluetooth devices (headphones and speakers).
Please let me know how to solve this or what guide to follow to solve this issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Harinath
Novice

Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies. My main issue was not with Bluetooth driver not working or with Windows 11 not supporting bluetooth. New Bluetooth devices are working without any issues and wifi also works well. The only issue is with Bluetooth devices added with the older network card, these devices are not removable since it is not attached to the current network adapter (or added with the current network adapter).

However, I have followed this guide - https://mostechtips.com/solved-cant-remove-bluetooth-device-in-windows-10/ (Method 3 and 4).

Cleaning only Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BTHPORT\Parameters\Devices was not enough. So, what I did was search for the Bluetooth device name in the registry editor. Remove all entries (folder containing the Bluetooth name, if not possible just the file). I know this is risky - You need to make sure you are not deleting anything else except the Bluetooth-related stuff (If not a clean install of windows may be needed).

Once this is done, restart the device and add the new device. Sometimes the old device is still shown in the devices (in settings), however, you will be able to add the new device now.

To Intel: Please let us know if there is any way to unlink or remove the Bluetooth device from the older Adapter. This would be really helpful.

Thanks All,

Hari

View solution in original post

31 Replies
Ivagin
New Contributor II

After restarting the PC, can you delete the added device or is it also not possible to do this?

On my laptop, I noticed such a bug (A problem with connecting devices via Bluetooth after restarting BT) after switching to Win 11.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Stop the arguing; Doc is correct.

Regardless of whether or not your configuration happens to run, it is an unsupported configuration. If you approach Microsoft, they are going to tell you to pound sand (if they deign to answer you at all). Your argument regarding how older designs might be supported has nothing to do with the situation. The fact that you had to hack the system to install Windows 11 should have been your first clue.

Secondly, after resorting to the hacking of the registry, I am unsure how you could expect us to provide any support here. We have no idea what you have intentionally or unintentionally done to Windows (now or previously) in your hacking. The fact that a removal operation failed should have been your first clue that you had something wrong before (or created during) the device replacement. My suggestion is that you start over with a reset of your Windows 11 installation.

...S

0 Kudos
Achilles_Intel

Hello Harinath,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

Please allow us to route this query to the designated team. They will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Let us know if you have questions or need some clarifications. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Harinath,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities and thanks to all the community members for participating in this thread by sharing information on different topics. We have moved this thread to the correct subforum so that other community members can participate in the thread and share their experiences.  

In this case, it is important for you to know that your system does not support Windows* 11, you can check this information on Dell's website:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-cr/product-support/product/alienware-17-laptop/drivers

Using a non-supported OS can cause the system to not work as expected and also, we cannot ensure the proper functioning of all the features the OS includes. 

It is worth mentioning that integrating a wireless card into a system may cause compatibility issues which can make the system not work properly. Before integrating any type of device into a system, it is important to check the compatibility with the OEM. 

Regarding the issue with the pairing of Bluetooth devices, please try to factory reset these devices and try to connect them to the system. 

It is also important for you to use the latest drivers available, you can find them in our download center:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19779/intel-killer-performance-suite.html?

In case the issue persists after the factory reset and when using the latest driver available, our recommendation is to check with the system manufacturer the compatibility between the wireless card and the system. They may also provide customized drivers for your system to work with that wireless card. 

Hope this information is useful. 

Regards,

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Harinath

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Regards,

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Harinath
Novice

Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies. My main issue was not with Bluetooth driver not working or with Windows 11 not supporting bluetooth. New Bluetooth devices are working without any issues and wifi also works well. The only issue is with Bluetooth devices added with the older network card, these devices are not removable since it is not attached to the current network adapter (or added with the current network adapter).

However, I have followed this guide - https://mostechtips.com/solved-cant-remove-bluetooth-device-in-windows-10/ (Method 3 and 4).

Cleaning only Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BTHPORT\Parameters\Devices was not enough. So, what I did was search for the Bluetooth device name in the registry editor. Remove all entries (folder containing the Bluetooth name, if not possible just the file). I know this is risky - You need to make sure you are not deleting anything else except the Bluetooth-related stuff (If not a clean install of windows may be needed).

Once this is done, restart the device and add the new device. Sometimes the old device is still shown in the devices (in settings), however, you will be able to add the new device now.

To Intel: Please let us know if there is any way to unlink or remove the Bluetooth device from the older Adapter. This would be really helpful.

Thanks All,

Hari

Kolchak
Beginner

To remove Bluetooth devices that have failed removal for any reason do the following.

Open Device Manager>View(At the top of window)>Show hidden devices

Expand Bluetooth>Right click device you want to remove>Uninstall device

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Harinath

Thank you for the information provided and for sharing the steps you took to solve the issue. 

Regarding your inquiries about removing Bluetooth devices, since this is an integration on an OEM system and due to the system using an unsupported OS, we cannot ensure that all features and options will work properly. In these cases, our recommendation is to contact the system manufacturer and check if they have any methods to unlink older devices from the system.

Hope this information is useful, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards,

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Kolchak
Beginner

You are running an OS (Windows 11) on a unsupported system, but this issue exist in my Windows 10 system with a 9th gen CPU and AX210 adapter.

Open Device Manager>Bluetooth>Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®>Driver Tab and Roll Back Driver.

There is no need to roll back the network driver, it works.

Edit: Driver ver 22.110.2 is the one that would not connect to my old BT headset.

0 Kudos
Kolchak
Beginner

Fixed as of 3/17/2022 with Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® version 22.120.0.

0 Kudos
Kolchak
Beginner

@Kolchak wrote:

Fixed as of 3/17/2022 with Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® version 22.120.0.

Nope, after reboot, still broken.

0 Kudos