Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7850 Discussions

Unstable connection with Intel AX200/AX201 and TP-link XE75 mesh

Krugy
Beginner

Hello Intel,

I'm having the exact problem with TP-link Deco mesh network as described in thread here: https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Does-your-AX201-AX211-work-fine-with-mesh-network-Mine/m-p/1479252

Both machines are experiencing Intermittent roaming between 2,4GHz and 5GHz networks.

If only allowing 5GHz in Deco app, getting packet loss on connection, if only allowing 2,4GHz, everything works fine.

Machine is not moved, and this is also while I have locked the connection to the closest AP 2 meters away with line of sight.

APs have been reset to default, swapped AP 1 <-> AP 2, no matter which of the 3 APs i connect, same behavior.

Both machines are Lenovo T14, with Windows 11, all the latest updates and drivers installed.

Laptop1 AX200 (22.240.0.6), clean Windows install couple weeks ago

Laptop2 AX201 (22.240.0.6)

TP-link system with latest firmware.

Tried changing settings on AP: bandwidth 80/160MHz, disabled mesh technology, fast roaming on and off, no help.

Tried changing the roaming aggressiveness low-medium-high, this does not change anything.

Encryption WPA2-PSK [AES].

Android phone and some other devices are working just fine in the 5GHz network, no roaming or any other issues.

The behavior started right after changing the AP's from TP-link Deco M5 (in a mesh configuration) -> XE75 to support higher speeds, so both machines have worked beautifully before the upgrade in the exact same conditions.

Since I really like the TP-link system, I'd like to resolve this, instead of changing to other manufacturers.

Could this be something that can be fixed with driver updates? Looking forward to hearing from you!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Krugy, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In reference to this scenario, as you mentioned, I can see that the wireless driver versions currently installed on both of your laptops, 22.240.0.6, are the ones provided by Intel®: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html?wapkw=ax201

In this case, it is important to note, that we always recommend to install the wireless drivers provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since those drivers were heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform. 

I looked on Lenovo's website and the latest wireless driver version they have available for the Lenovo T14 laptop is 22.190.0.4. Please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t14-type-20s0-20s1/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Networking%3A%20Wireless%20LAN&id=E3519D23-890E-4DE1-9064-DE6E7DA2515B

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html

Additionally, we suggest to get in contact with Lenovo Support directly to confirm that the latest BIOS version is currently installed on both machines or to gather the instructions on how to update them:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en

If the issue persists after that, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Router?

Did the wireless connection when using TP-link XE75 mesh ever work fine with those two specific laptops?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

The wireless cards, did you purchase them separately or did they come installed on the computers?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report, if it is possible from both of the laptops, so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Krugy
Beginner

Hello Albert,

Thanks for your swift reply!

And thanks for the BIOS tip, i usually update regularly but missed the latest update, updated now but sadly, no help to my problem.

My Laptop1 is T14 Gen 1, type 20UD, the latest driver recommended is the one mentioned earlier.

Also did a fresh install to drivers, no help. Tried to rollback drivers to 22.240.0.4 and 22.0.1.5, no help.

The same driver is also recommended to Laptop2, type 20WM.

What is the model of the Router?

https://www.tp-link.com/fi/home-networking/deco/deco-xe75/

Did the wireless connection when using TP-link XE75 mesh ever work fine with those two specific laptops?

No, it did work ok with TP-link Deco M5 mesh system.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

No.

The wireless cards, did you purchase them separately or did they come installed on the computers?

Pre-installed.

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Home, while pinging devices in LAN, and roaming the whole time while doing nothing at all.

Please attach the SSU report

Attached.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Krugy  

Thank you for the information provided. 

Just to confirm, did you try the Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers, using the latest Intel wireless driver

Also, have you tried the Recommended Settings for 802.11ax Connectivity

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Krugy
Beginner

Hello Jocelyn,

Yes, I have just now clean installed the lastest Intel drivers and checked that the recommended settings are in place.

Situation remains the same, screenshot attached, 'roam complete'.

roaming.jpg

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Krugy  

Thank you for your confirmation and the information provided. 

Please allow me some time to do some research on this. As soon as I have updates, I will let you know. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Krugy  

Thank you for your time. 

Considering that your laptops worked before with the previous router, the issue could be related to the new router. We recommend you check with your Router Manufacturer for more assistance and settings. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Krugy     

I hope you are doing great. 

As we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread now properly.  

If you need additional assistance with other matters, please feel free to contact us back and submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos