Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7726 Discussions

Updates Have Stopped Downloading

Norm_H
Beginner

Intel tells me to Download and Install

Windows® 10 and Windows 11* Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters

However, when I try to download, it simply says "starting" then quits.

Any idea how to overcome this without having to go through the whole "support/downloads/etc.?

It did the same thing last week with the graphics driver but gave me an option to download and install manually.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Norm_H, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Intel® wireless card?

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Are you using any kind of Intel® application to install the drivers?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might acuse this problem?

Is there any issue with the wireless connection?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Norm_H
Beginner

What is the model of the Intel® wireless card? - Intel Wireless-AC 9462

What is the model of the motherboard? - Acer Aspire TC-885(DCH)

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it? - It's a desktop

Are you using any kind of Intel® application to install the drivers? Not sure. I use the Intel Driver and Support System

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might acuse this problem? - No

Is there any issue with the wireless connection? - No

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer? - Came with the computer

Which Windows* version are you using? - Windows 11

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment? Home

0 Kudos
vanci
Novice

It's the same for me - Acer Swift 1 - SF114 - 34, Windows 11 Home 22H2, EDGE browser. Manually download and install the drivers only.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

vanci, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Norm_H, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

We are glad to know that there are no problems with the wireless connection.

Regarding the Intel® DSA program, for this scenario, we recommend to scan for drivers with different browsers. Did you test the tool with Edge, Firefox, or Chrome? Those are the three web browsers supported by the application.

You can also attempt to clear the browser cache and then try rescanning the Intel® DSA tool.

Run the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller version 22.6.39.9:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19333/intel-driver-support-assistant-uninstaller.ht...

Restart and install the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant version 22.6.39.9:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18002/intel-driver-support-assistant.html?wapkw=dsa

If the problem persists, please provide the following details:

The latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller log file: using File Explorer, search for DSAUninstaller.log

And the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant log files: using File Explorer: go to folder = C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA, and zip the Log files or entire folder as indicated in the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056654/software/software-applications.ht...

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
vanci
Novice
I always clean my browser cache. Being with the latest version of the Edge browser. Moreover, for all other drivers I have no problem with the update and, download automatically from the program, but only with WiFi drivers it happens so I have no idea why. I have no other browser and I do not think to install one.
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

vanci, Thank you very much for letting us know those details.

We are waiting for Norm_H results in regard to the troubleshooting steps provided previously in order to continue with our research on this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Norm_H
Beginner

I'll get at this as soon as I can.

The download button for the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant version 22.6.39.9 has no mention of Windows 11.

I presume it works with Windows 11 even though it's not listed?

Norm

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Norm_H, Thank you very much for sharing those updates.

Yes, it should work with Windows* 11. Take your time, once you get the chance, let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Norm_H, vanci, I just received an update on this matter.

We just wanted to let you know that there was a fix done in the Intel® DSA to resolve this issue. The issue with some downloads offered by Intel® DSA not downloading is resolved. This was due to a change in Microsoft BITS infrastructure that impacted the way Intel® DSA downloaded drivers. Our Intel® DSA team has implemented a fix on our end to handle this change and the latest Intel® DSA version released Oct 14, 2022, should resolve this. Please check in Intel® DSA settings for v22.6.42.2, it should silently update to the latest version.

Regards,

Albert R.

vanci
Novice

Thanks you so much for help, and have nice day!!!

0 Kudos
Norm_H
Beginner

Thanks, Albert.

I'm looking forward to the next time I have to update to confirm that this fix is working for me.

Have a great day

Norm

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Norm_H, vanci, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your responses.

Perfect, once you get the chance go ahead and test the new version.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Norm_H
Beginner

So, it just downloaded and installed the Windows DCH Drivers update.

Oddly at the end of the download there was an error message that something went wrong and to try again but when I did that it says the drivers are all up to date.

Everything appears to be working correctly.

Norm

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Norm_H, Thank you very much for sharing those results.

Perfect, it is great to know that everything is now working properly with the Intel® DSA on your computer after installing the update of the tool.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos