Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7814 Discussions

Upgrade path for intel-r dual band AC 7260

KirkF
Beginner

I have a Dell 8700 XPS, yeah it's old but still runs everything fine.  Only issue I have is the driver for the on-board intel-r dual band AC 7260.

If I can't get an updated driver (currently mine is 10/1/2017, version 18.33.9.3)  what is the upgrade path?   Or is there no upgrade path, I should look elsewhere for a Wireless card?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@KirkF

Check your Private Message inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 148th person to request these drivers since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Answering your other questions, with this adapter being discontinued by Intel, there will be no subsequent driver releases. The packages that I have provided includes driver 18.33.17.1. If this driver does not solve the issues, then replacement of the adapter may be the only solution. In this case, the question that I would then need answered before presenting options is: What version (formfactor) of the 7260 module do you have? Is it the 7260HMW or is it the 7260NGW? This is on the label on the adapter itself.

...S

0 Kudos