Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

WHEA-Logger PCI Express Root Port error

MEvan3
Beginner

dear community,

I am constantly getting this error on boot, I have researched into this, and it seems to be due to the Dual Band Wireless-AC, it seems that some people have being having this problem since 2009.

Product Name: HP Pavilion Gaming laptopOperating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)Bus device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x5Vendor ID device ID: 0x8086:0xA115Class Code: 0x30400The details view of this entry contains further information The troubleshooting I have done is, used the driver update utility that Intel provides, and this gives me a driver that is old, looked at the Intel website, and I cant not see the latest drivers that they have.run the update drivers on the Intel Chipset via device manager and it is say thing that they are all up-to-date.uninstalled and re-installed the drivers of the HP website.any further advicethanks
0 Kudos
7 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

scouser89lfc,

What Intel Wireless Adapter do you have ?

What happens when after the error occurs? Do you lose connection/speed ?

0 Kudos
MEvan3
Beginner

I have a Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165, I don't lose any connection to a Wi-Fi at all, but what happens is I boot up the notebook, some times it does not connect to a network, and i have to re-boot the unit to get the Wi-Fi back, I need to wait till I see this error so I can look in Windows event viewer to see what it displays.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

scouser89lfc,

What driver version are you using?

Have you contact your computer OEM in order to obatain the latest drivers? In case you have already used their drivers and you noticed that the issue still persists, you can alternatively use our latest generic drivers found in our dowload center. For your convenience, here is the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25683/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows® 10 File name: Wireless_18.32.0_PROSet64_Win10.exe. Please proceed as follows below:

1. Download and save the drivers from the link above.

2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall the current "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

5. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.

6. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.

0 Kudos
MEvan3
Beginner

sorry it has taken a while to get back to you, the laptop has had a whole new system board, and new bios and still got the issue, even after re-loading the OS still got the problem, this is hardware problem that Intel need to resolve.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

scouser89lfc,

We understand you renewed the entire laptop system board. Was the wireless adapter an OEM's or was it replaced for the current one you have?

0 Kudos
MEvan3
Beginner

hi

HP replaced the system board, they did not change the WLAN module, as that was not on the repair report.

0 Kudos
Alek_S_Intel
Employee

scouser89lfc,

What exactly is the error message that you get? Please provide detailed information. Did you try to use the OEM's drivers and test it to see if the issue still shows?

As a second option you can try the latest driver version: 18.33.0 found here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25798/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25798/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10

0 Kudos