Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

WIFI 6

Sorenk1
Beginner

hello, good morning, I have an Asus tuf Gaming 705GE laptop with AC-9462 network card, CNVIO M.2 i7 8th Gen interface, any compatible AX card???

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There are no Wireless-AX cards that can be used in M.2 sockets that support the CNVio interface. The only upgrade available to you is to the Wireless-AC 9560, which is just a faster card.

Now, some motherboard designs will allow you to use the M.2 socket for a non-CNVio wireless card. If you have one of these boards, then you could upgrade to the AX200 WiFi 6 card or to the AX210 WiFi 6e card. Remember, though, that I only said 'some'. There are also motherboard designs that will not support these cards and there are even motherboard designs that will not power on while one of these cards is installed. Bottom line, you would be taking a chance; you could purchase one of these cards and not be able to use it.

Note: do not purchase the AX201 WiFi 6 card or AX211 WiFi 6e cards. These cards utilized the CNVio2 interface which is NOT compatible with the CNVio interface.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Sorenk1
Beginner

descarga.png

This is the motherboard, would it work?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I don't know. There are no lists of what works and what doesn't. You could ask Asus, but I am unsure that they could answer this either. This is why I said it was taking a chance...

...S

0 Kudos
Sorenk1
Beginner

Thank you very much, you were very kind

0 Kudos
Sorenk1
Beginner

Muchas gracias a sido muy amable 

0 Kudos