Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7719 Discussions

WPA 3 Enterprise doesn't work on new WIFI 6E drivers on Windows 10/11

WPA3Ent
Novice

Morning everyone,

I am currently running into troubles trying to implement WPA 3 Enterprise within my network and I think its because of the Intel Wi-Fi 6 Drivers. Currently I have tried the AX 201/210/411/203 drivers and they all not working with the WPA 3 Enterprise profile. Also each Wi-Fi driver is using " WPA 3 Enterprise 192 bits GCMP" which I think is the problem with me not getting access to my PA 3 ENT profile on my AP. I am trying to use PEP authentication and it works on the WPA2-ENT profile but not WPA 3-ENT.

I also have tried using EAP-TLS, and that also doesn't work as well when i configured on the radius server and the on the client. Have anyone found a workaround to implement WPA 3 ENT on Windows 11/10 with the new drivers?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WPA3Ent
Novice

More info if needed:

using a Latitude 5410 laptop

Microsoft post:

I'm having an issue connecting my Windows 10 and 11 devices to my WPA3 Enterprise network. Both WPA2 Enterprise and WPA3 work fine, but with WPA3 Enterprise, after entering my domain user credentials, I get an error saying "Can't connect because the sign-in requirements for your device and network aren't compatible. Contact your IT person." I am the IT person, but I cannot figure out what's causing the issue with Windows devices and WPA3 ENT. Apple's OS works fine with WPA3 Ent, so could it be a driver issue, certificate issue, or the recent April patch not yet mature enough for a fix? I appreciate any answers or theories.

The sign-in requirements are PEAP and MS-CHAP v2.

I am using Windows server 2019 for my domain controller and NPS/CA server

I am Using a Net gear switch, Netgate SG 3100 as a dhcp server, Net gear insight AXE 7800 as the wireless AP.

Also,  When I checked event viewer on my NPS server the code 6273 ,error code 22 states that it denied the user access into the domain.

It's configured just like my WPA 2 Enterprise profile and WPA2 ENT works just fine.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello WPA3Ent,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

It would be a great help if we could get more information about your system to properly analyze the root cause. This could be possible by downloading the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* software. When the download is complete, launch SSU.exe.

1. Scan: Check the box Everything.
  2. Click Scan.
  3. Review: When finished scanning, click Next.
  4. Click Save (.txt file)

I will wait for your reply.

Best regards,

JeanetteC.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello WPA3Ent,

Were you able to check the previous post? 

I'm still waiting for the additional details (SSU log file) from you so I can provide an appropriate recommendations for the fix. I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

JeanetteC.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello WPA3Ent,

I did not see any more updates from you on this thread these past few days, so I will proceed in closing it. Should you need assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Sincerely,

JeanetteC.

0 Kudos