Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7639 Discussions

What is the best Intel m.2 wlan module for an HP 290 G2?

DigitalBoy
New User

Hello! I need wi-fi/bluetooth on my pc and i've thinked for an AX200 but i don't know if is compatible... Please what is the best m.2 module available for this pc? Thank you so much!

P.S. This is my pc (i3-8100):

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c06264670.pdf

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

According to the specifications, this motherboard provides a standard M.2 Type E connector, so your choices, depending upon whether you want support for WiFi 6, WiFi 6E or WiFi 7, are the AX200NGW, AX210NGW or BE200NGW, respectively. All of these adapters support Bluetooth 5.2, 5.3 or 5.4, respectively.

What I cannot determine is whether your chassis provides antennas to support these WiFi cards. If the chassis provides nothing, you need a kit that provides this support. Here's a standalone kit. You can also find kits that include the WiFi card as well, saving you a few dollars: AX200NGW KitAX210NGW Kit, or BE200NGW Kit.

Hope this helps,

...S

P.S.  These are example links only; not endorsements.

0 Kudos
DigitalBoy
New User

First of all thank you so much for the answer! OMG! Really this pc with i3-8100 is compatible with the AX200 module??? Because i've read it's for 10th gen and newest only. I want this kit: Intel Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) Desktop Kit, AX200, 2230, 2x2 AX+BT, vPro® but for 8th gen maybe is better the model: Intel AC 9560... Or not? Sorry for my doubts and thank you again!

0 Kudos