Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

What kind of antenna I should buy for the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 wifi Card? I live in Spain and can't find a good one here with 5Ghz and 802.11ac :(

AOstr2
Beginner

What kind of antenna I should buy for the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 wifi Card? I live in Spain and can't find a good one with 5Ghz and 802.11ac compatible

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AOstr2
Beginner

I have a desktop pc with Gygabite x99 ud4 motherboard and Intel 5820k processor.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

kolobkovi4,

The Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 was not designed to be used in desktops. In this particular case we recommend that you contact your PoP to check availability of such antennas or the manufacturer of the motherboard as they may give you suggestions of what type of antennas can be used. We also would like to inform you that Intel does support integration such as this which is when an Intel® Adpater that was not designed to be mounted on desktop is used on one.

AOstr2
Beginner

aleki_intel,

Thanx for the advice!

I'll contact manufacturer of the motherboard.

What is PoP?

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

kolobkovi4,

Thanks for your response. Let us know the results.

As of PoP it means point of purcahse.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello kolobkovi4,

We have not heard from you in a while. We hope the motherboard manufacturer helped you find your answer.

0 Kudos