Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7726 Discussions

What type of CPU is necessary for using AX201 module? Does it work with Celeron G5905?

Eugene1956
Beginner

I have Asus ROG Strix Z490-I Gaming MB with CPU Celeron G5905. It was initially supplied with AX201 WiFi/Bt by the manufacturer. OS doesn't recognize any WiFi in PC. So I have tested AX201 module in another PC - H610 MB with I3-12100F. It is Ok. Since CNVio2 uses some CPU features, I have a question - maybe Celeron cannot work with CNVio2 and I need I3 CPU?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Eugene1956, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201.

In this case, the wireless card functionality does not depend on processor compatibility. There is no need for a specific processor for general use. 

Compatibility depends on the computer manufacturer's design since most likely the limitation could be on the motherboard's side. I recommend you check with the motherboard manufacturer to confirm if they place any restrictions or limitations on their system.

You can check further details at the following link:

Please keep in mind that Intel will no longer monitor this thread.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos