Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Where are Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 drivers?

IlyaK2020
Beginner

Hello.

I have this card: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/ru/ru/ark/products/66890/intel-centrino-advanced-n-6235-dual-band.html

As you can see, it supports win10. But there are no drivers: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006507/network-and-io/wireless.html

I can't upgrade to the new card because my laptop's BIOS has whitelist, and doesn't support new cards.

Does Intel have some kind of archive where I can download latest drivers for unsupported card?

There were known issues with this card: https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Sporadic-but-recurring-connection-dropouts-on-an-Intel-6235/td-p/192262/page/57

So it seems I need version 17 at least.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sigh! Yet another place where the content has been pulled down for discontinued products. Honestly, this is an insult to customers...

Luckily, I have a backup of this particular content. Unfortunately, the files are too large for me to include here. I will put them in the cloud and send you a link via PM.

...S

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello IlyaK2020,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.    

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.  

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sigh! Yet another place where the content has been pulled down for discontinued products. Honestly, this is an insult to customers...

Luckily, I have a backup of this particular content. Unfortunately, the files are too large for me to include here. I will put them in the cloud and send you a link via PM.

...S

dawggy
Beginner

Hi, any chance of getting my hands on the win 7 driver ?

I'LL BUY YOU A BEER, or 2

0 Kudos
IlyaK2020
Beginner

n_scott_pearson gave me "WiFi_Win10_64_19.70.0.exe", so you can google for "WiFi_Win7_64_19.70.0.exe" (be sure to check signature)

0 Kudos
dawggy
Beginner

Hi beginner..

um, that sofware doesnt work, it actually screwed up my setup most things were working except for a few drivers that needed the fix...

BT is now stuck so I reinstalled windows again and its getting there slowly but still issues like hanging while searching for BT devices.

tried every driver available no go even combinations didnt work.

yeah just need the 6325 intel driver

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I've added the Windows 7 64-bit files to my share. I will send you link via PM.

...S

0 Kudos
Petek
Beginner

Hello Scott

If at all possible I would like to get my hands on this driver also.

Are you able to please send me the link?

Regards

PeteK

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I sent you a PM with the link.

...S

0 Kudos
cms66
Beginner

Hi, can you share with me that link? I will appreciate it

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Check your mailbox.

...S

0 Kudos
ekosusanto
Beginner
0 Kudos
Jim_HiTek
Beginner

Hello, Scott. New member here on a search for drivers for the 6235ANHMW. Would you send me the link, please?

Thanks!

Weird. When I found this thread, it only showed the OP's post and Scott's answer. After I joined, I wrote this question, and only after posting it did all the following answers show up. Including the one with the drivers link. So I have it now.

But I have an additional question, does anyone have a drawing of the pin out of the edge connector? I'd like to make an adapter board for experimentation. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Megodin
Beginner

Hello,

as previously stated by n_scott_pearson, the original page and drivers have been deleted from the Intel site.

Nevertheless, you can find and download the v19.70.0 drivers from Intel safely over the original archived page from archive.org :

https://web.archive.org/web/20190904135156/https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27238/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Intel-Centrino-Ultimate-N-6300?product=59474

Make sure you select the right platform (32/64 bit), after the download you could verify the file checksum, e.g.:

WiFi_Win10_32_19.70.0.exe (Win10 32bit) MD5: 7de1a6882edd2c1262496b44f810650b
WiFi_Win10_64_19.70.0.exe (Win10 64bit) MD5: a07786e34fea3fd7fa937593c1e82536

(These drivers are also the latest drivers released by Intel for the Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN.)

Hope that helps you and all others!

Best, Megodin

Petek
Beginner
0 Kudos