Wireless
Issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
5751 Discussions

Why does my Intel(R) Dual Bans Wireless-AC 3160 Adapter stop working when my laptop sleeps?

EBana
Beginner

Every time I close my laptop my WiFi disconnects and seems to disappears completely, as i go to connect it in my network settings and it can't find any connections.

I ran the troubleshooter and it came up with "The Intel(R) Dual Bans Wireless-AC 3160 adapter is experiencing driver - or hardware - related Problems."

And it remains like that until I restart the laptop, but as soon as i close the laptop or sleep it, the problem happens again and there are no connections.

I bought this laptop no more than 2 months ago and everything came with it so i know it wasn't me fucking up an installation or anything

can someone please help i need this for school and work and its really fucking up my day.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BB4
New Contributor II

Device Manager>Network Adapters>AC 3160>Power Management>Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power= ENABLE

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BB4
New Contributor II

Device Manager>Network Adapters>AC 3160>Power Management>Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power= ENABLE

View solution in original post