Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Why is my upload so slow on the AX200?

TMuld2
Novice

Hey, Just got a new MSI tomahawk x570 motherboard which includes this wifi card. However for some reason the speed of the upload is unreasonably slow. We have 200/200mbps fiber internet which worked fine with the previous netgear ac1200 a6210 usb dongle. however with this card I can't even reach 5mbps see my speedtest link. Does anyone know what's wrong? https://www.speedtest.net/result/9565869715

I've already reinstalled drivers, restarted router, fiddled with the antennas and location of pc. But nothing helps. Anyone any ideas?

EDIT: I am by the way connected to 5ghz AC just like with the netgear.

EDIT2: ok things get weirder. The Netgear is limited to about the same speed. Again the network itself is not the bottleneck here. My phone and old pc give me the full 200mbps. could this be an windows issue?

6 Replies
TMuld2
Novice

Solved it! If you also have MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk wifi board than uninstall the cFosSpeed program (tries to optimise latency) that get's installed with the MSI dragon center. At least in my case it brought upload speeds to a crawl, no matter the wifi adapter used.

dolfn34
Beginner

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar! Thank you for this!. I went from 30ish up to 170!! I couldn't figure it out til I saw your post. 

0 Kudos
TMuld2
Novice
Glad it helped! Also beware in my case dragon center would try to install it on every reboot. Had to remove the cfosspeed installation file (lan manager in the dragon center install folder) to stop it.
0 Kudos
Tac2
Beginner

Thank you, same motherboard. Also installed Dragon Center and got cFosSpeed with it. I removed it and my upload speed went from 30Mbit to 300Mbit.

Sir_CpG
Beginner

I just made an account to say thank you, my DL went from 130 to 280 Mbps again and after lot of I had in past days I can happily confirm that my UP went from astonishing 1,2 to 70 Mbps, Sir, you made my life THAT much easier and pleasant now, thank you!

0 Kudos
TMuld2
Novice
0 Kudos