Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Why is the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 disconnecting several times a day? It's not my power save settings.

PReag
Beginner

0 Kudos
35 Replies
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello PReag, Let us investigate further into this, I will contact you as soon as possible. Best regards, Diego S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PReag
Beginner

Ok, Thanks. I am in Singapore. If you use Whatsapp use +** **** **** mobile number.

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee

Hello PReag,

I just wanted to let you know that we are still working in your case.

I have just edited you last message so your personal information will not be exposed in our forums.

Best regards,

Diego S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello PReag, thank you for your patience. Let us ask: Does it happens when connected on both 2.4 G and 5 Ghz? Does the issue happens when connected to the same AP ? Is it possible for you to test the system on a different environment? Best regards, Diego S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello PReag, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance. Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
PReag
Beginner

Yes, everyday.

I did a clean re-install again but doesn't help.

Perhaps it's Webroot security or windows firewall.

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello PReag, Thank you for your response. So just to confirm and to be clear: It happens when connected on both 2.4 G and 5 Ghz It happens when connected to the same AP Were you able to test your system in a different environment? Also please make sure to turn off Webroot security or Windows firewall when testing. I hope to hear from you soon Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
PReag
Beginner

Thanks Diego,

It happens when connected on both 2.4 G and 5 Ghz = YES

It happens when connected to the same AP = YES

Were you able to test your system in a different environment? Come to think of it, when I travel and sign into other networks, Hotels etc...I don't remember having this problem.

I think I can conclude that this started when I had StarHub installed here.

The adapter is being randomly disabled.

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello PReag, Thank you for your response. All the information provided is extremely helpful. Now that we know that the issue started since StarHub services started to work, have you tried to contact them to check the settings on their service? This could be possibly an network issue, and not a hardware issue as we started to suspect. I hope to hear from you soon Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
PReag
Beginner

Thanks Diego, I will call them today and revert back to you.

Appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello PReag, Thank you for your response. Anytime! I will follow up on your case on the next 3 business days just in case. I hope to hear from you soon Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello PReag, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance. Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello PReag, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance. We are closing your case as we have not heard anything back from you, however it will remain open. Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
PReag
Beginner
Hi Diego, I am still having problems with the WIFI adapter. It is only happening on my HP envy laptop. The Intel dual band AC-7260 (not supported by Intel anymore) My other devices including my Asus laptop is working fine. I discovered a possible problem with .bat driver file in win32. however when i deleted it I ran into problems. Is Intel planning on updating this driver soon? [image: Screenshot (207).png]
0 Kudos