Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7457 Discussions

Wi-Fi Driver 23.40.0.4 Failed during INF installation

JoeNAMtheResourceUser

Goodmorning,

I recently have been trying to install the most recent wifi driver(Version 23.40.0.4) for my PC(Z690-A MSI PRO wifi6E, i5 12600KF, Arc A770). I encounter this error message... 

JoeNAMtheResourceUser_0-1712825548903.png

... and check the log folder to see that the installation failed at this moment during INF installation.

JoeNAMtheResourceUser_1-1712825624876.png

I tried learning a bit about the PnPInstaller, and seeing if anyone else has experience this but couldn't find any similar issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JoeNAMtheResourceUser

Interesting, I just continued on from that error message and Driver Assistant registered the driver installation as successful and the other drivers installed successfully, so apparently everything is up-to-date, but still raises the issue of running into that error message despite all the correct flags being set.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello JoeNAMtheResourceUser, 

Just to make sure we are on the same page, did the installation of the driver failed at first using the Intel Driver and Support Assistant? At the moment, are you experiencing any issues with your system? You may also send us a screenshot of the installation history of your Intel Driver and Support Assistant so we can check for failed installation. In your device manager, are you seeing any yellow bang in your network adapters? Additionally, sending us your SSU logs would also be beneficial in case we need to conduct additional troubleshooting. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
JoeNAMtheResourceUser

Hello Ramyer,

The driver installation did throw an error while I was using the Intel Driver and Support Assistant, but when I continued past the error, the assistant registered the install as successful. I'm not currently experiencing any issues and the history of the Driver and Support Assistant shows green checkmarks on all install history items. There is no yellow bangs in my network adapters, but here is my SSU log just in case. Thank you!

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Thank you for letting us know. As I understand you want to make sure everything is working perfectly in your system. From what I can see there are no errors. However, since you mention a specific file, I will coordinate this with my team for now for further checking and get back to you on this thread as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Thank you for patiently waiting. We are continuously investigating this for you. We do want to ask this additional details so we can better understand your concern. 

1. To make sure we are on the same page, is the error message appearing within the Device Manager, particularly under the wireless adapter driver section?

2. When you look at the device manager, is the error code or Yellow bang (!, exclamation point) associated with the AX211 adapter listed in the Device Manager?

3. Have you already tried downloading the wireless driver provided by your OEM manufacturer at this link? How did it go? 

4. Would it be possible for you to share the error logs/files with us? This will allow us to conduct a more detailed review of the problem.

I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

I am just looking for an update regarding the information we requested. Kindly please let me know about this information so we can identify the next steps that needs to be taken to solve this issue. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

As we have not heard a response in the past few days, we will proceed in closing this thread. Should you need assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos